Friday, March 25, 2011

JUST ADD INK #62 - "JUST ADD STAMPS"

This afternoon when I saw the new challenge at Just Add Ink, I wasn't sure I'd be able to rise to it!  The challenge is to use only stamps, ink and cardstock to make a card.  I just LOVE ribbons, brads, punches, embellishments - all the 'bits' to pretty up a card, so this was HARD!!! 

On my way home from dropping Ethan (my big, grown-up 10-yr-old, who insisted I wasn't welcome) at a school BBQ tonight, I saw a woman wearing an outfit that I can only describe as Peach Parfait and Basic Black (we SU! demonstrators don't think in terms of 'orange' and 'black', you know).  It was instant inspiration!  I came home and made this card:


Stamps: Bella Toile, Elements of Style, Thoughts & Prayers
Card: Peach Parfait
Ink: Peach Parfait, Basic Black and Whisper White stampin' pads
Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig, stampin' dimensionals, stampin' sponge


Even though I wasn't allowed to add any embellishments, I just HAD to sponge around the edges.  I used a sponge, rather than my beloved sponge daubers, to achieve a deeper colour around the edges.  I've raised the central panel up on dimensionals, and am pretty happy with the result after all! 

11 comments:

  1. Oh man!!! You did SO WELL with this challenge chicki cause it IS hard! Seriously, I sat down today and gave it a go, but ended up on a completely different tangent using felt! roflol

    Hmmmmm me thinks I can't enter my card in this challenge! Might have another go tomorrow!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever girl! l love your colour inspiration, l do the same, everything gets referred to as an ink or paint colour.
    Love the tone on tone Christine, really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great result Christine! So much detail and texture and its all just ink!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a hard challenge, no border punches either!Clever you, you came up trumps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful soft vintage card! The sponging is gorgeous!! I can't believe you got all that depth with Peach Parfait on Peach Parfait - just stunning! btw...thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! You did sooo well with just stamps, I found this one quite a challenge and had to case something I had done a while ago.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had a bit of a giggle reading this...I too think in terms of SU colour families lol.

    You've pulled this one off perfectly! Such a difficult challenge this one, and you mastered it like the pro that you are!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know I didn't like Peach Parfait until now! Your card looks gorgeous Christine! Loved your comment about the SU! colours too, whenever I see a colour I like I always liken it to a SU! colour too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was definitely a full-on challenge from the JAI ladies & you have executed it perfectly! Beautiful card - Love the texture all the stamping provides & your subtle matting of the main panel. Bravo Christine! :)

    ReplyDelete