Sunday, March 6, 2011

JUST ADD INK #58 .... FAREWELL AMANDA & DANIELLE :(

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink is to choose a project made by Amanda and/or Danielle, and use it as an inspiration for our own papercraft project.  Amanda and Danielle have handed over the reins of Just Add Ink, to Delys and Bronwyn .... two long-time Design Team members who I am sure will continue to run this fabulous site in a manner that will make the founders proud.

I have chosen this card of Amanda's as inspiration for my first card.  SUCH a cute card, don't you think?  I challenged myself to use Stampin' Up! only products.  Since I am sewing-impaired, I used a perforating tool to create wavy lines around the top panel; I then used a white gel pen to draw over the lines.  My circular panel is a smaller size than Amanda's, so I shifted the sentiment 'elsewhere' to try to balance out the elements.  Here's what I came up with, using the cutesy retired "Good Neighbors" stamp set:

Stamps: Good Neighbors, Short & Sweet
Card: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Real Red textured
Ink: Crumb Cake stampin' pad and marker, Real Red stampin' pad and marker, Old Olive marker
Other: Birds & Blooms sizzlits die, 1 3/4" Circle punch, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Old Olive taffeta ribbon, sponge daubers, Metallic brad, sticky strip, Modern Label punch, perforating tool, white gel pen, stampin' dimensionals, blender pen



The card I chose to "CASE" from Danielle is this one.  Now, I wouldn't even attempt to emulate Danielle's ability to tie divine bows ... so I've gone for more of a 'rosette' look!


Stamps: Aviary, Confetti, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
DSP: Love Letter Designer Series Paper
Ink: Early Espresso stampin' pad and marker, Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake stampin' pads
Other: Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Crochet trim, Antique Brad, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber, sticky strip, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, stampin' dimensionals


Despite feeling a bit daunted by this challenge, when I first saw it at Just Add Ink, I've had a lot of fun making these cards.  Thanks, girls, for always being a source of inspiration to me!

15 comments:

  1. Boy you make it hard to pick between, they are both stunnig! Althought I do love the little house very cute!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are stunning and I might even have to CASE that Aviary one myself!! Beautiful work, Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...so many gorgeous cards over the past few days. Love them all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done beautifully with your CASING of the girl's cards! I do agree in that I wouldn't even attempt to tie one Danielles bows either - she is the bow queen! lol

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both beautiful cards I especially love the two birds in the cage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous ..both of them Christine! Love your case of Amandas card ..so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Christine. I totally agree with you - when it comes to bow's Danielle is very skilled at tying them. Cute little house card too. Chantell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these are both awesome Christine - what a fitting tribute. Love how you used Good neighbours! and the lace rosette finishes of the Aviary card perfectly!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous as usual Christine. Love the Aviary card especially.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the them both Christine, the flower looks beautiful, l think thats my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your CASEs are drop dead gorgeous Christine - Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine, both of your interpretations are just fabulous! I especially love your creativity in casing Amanda's card! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine thanks for joining in with this special challenge and I think both your CASES are fantastic, love the metallic brads on both.

    ReplyDelete
  14. just beautiful, both your cases are great

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect tributes to Amanda & Danielle Christine! Your little house card is soooo sweet & the Aviary one is just divine. Love, love, love the colour scheme & your co-inhabiting birdies. :)

    ReplyDelete