Wednesday, March 30, 2011

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO PHOTOGRAPH YOUR OWN HAND?

I'm here to tell you, it's not easy!  I am also a little disappointed, because I've long considered my hands (bent little fingers notwithstanding) to be one of my nicer features.  Well, now that I've seen through a camera lens what they ACTUALLY look like, it's not quite as pretty a sight as I have through my own eyes, LOL.

Anyway, the reason I had need to photograph my hand was so I could share the excitement of these with you:



No, I don't have a special announcement to make.  It's just a happy day for me because I haven't worn these rings for about 10 years!!  I finally relented and had them re-sized, to fit over the enlarged knuckles that I inherited from my mother (or, does that happen to everyone as we age??).  Today I picked them up from the jeweller, and they're all nice and sparkly, so I thought I'd share their prettiness with you.  That's all!

14 comments:

  1. You crack me up - there is absolutely nothing wrong with your hands! The jewels look rather lovely and shiny though. Good on you for finally having your rings re-sized so you can enjoy them!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are happy with them,(they are lovely and sparkling now) pity to come all the way to my neck of the woods and me being at work and not able to see you. :( Andrew will be surprised on his return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooooooooo pretty!!! lol

    They look so gorgeous on your hand - of which looks perfectly FINE to me! lol

    Luv K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooooh Shiny!! They look gorgeous Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me laugh..:0) Nice "BLING" though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, they are beautiful [the rings and the hand]...maybe Andrew will bring you back some more bling when he returns?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness me 10 years - I'm so glad that you finally have them back on and are enjoying them. They are a beautiful set and sooooo sparkly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them - they are beautiful. And your hands are lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gorgeous Christine! And great pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're too funny!!! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pic and lovely *bling*, Christine. Enjoy those sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'Sparkles' certainly are a girl's best friend. (BTW gorgeous hand too).
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats' on getting your rings sorted, so shiny, love it when they have just been cleaned. I have had to resize 3 or 4 times already. You must have got engaged in the early 70's like us my rings are almost identical to yours. LOL

    ReplyDelete