Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"CHEEP TALK" note card

My "Cheep Talk" stamp set has been sitting, unloved, on the shelf for quite some time.  It's a gorgeous set, so today I decided it was high time it saw some ink.

I have SOOOOOOO many ideas and projects swimming around in my head at the moment, that I wasn't sure where to start.  So, I turned to page 50 of the Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue, and used the cute little note card as inspiration.  My card is a direct copy, but in different colours, and is 10.5cm square.  I knew I wanted to use Marina Mist on my card, so I got out my trusty Color Coach and opted to go with the suggested colour combination of Marina Mist, Old Olive and Real Red.  I think the end result is pretty darn cute - what do you think??


Stamps: Cheep Talk, Tiny Tags
Card: Old Olive, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Real Red stampin' pad and marker, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist and Old Olive stampin' pads
Other: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Marina Mist satin ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, paper snips, Circle punches (Itty Bitty Shapes, 1" and 1 1/4"), stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dot, Basic Rhinestone


I hope this inspires you to get out your own copy of the catalogue, and try making a card you like; it's a great resource, so make the most of it!  If you don't have your own hard copy, and would like one, please email me at stampwithchristine@gmail.com.  I can send out catalogues anywhere in Australia.

9 comments:

  1. Very cute Christine! I've been tossing up wether to get this set or not and I think you just twisted my arm LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty darn cute indeed!! I so love that set but I'am yet to get it, you make it even more tempting.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Christine I just love that, you are so clever! This is another stamp set I will just have to get, isn't that a shame hehe
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how darn cute is this?? I love using the catty for inspiration too! Its certainly helped me out of a tight spot a few times!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!Even the birds,LOL!Marina Mist isn't a colour I have used before, but it looks so pretty I will have to dig some out of my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little birds are so cute love the Old Olive and Marina Mist combination

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fresh & funky!!! Those little birdies & their fruity friends are so cute & the colours are glorious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute little card, love it Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute - cute seems to be the theme here :o) My Cheep Talk is neglected atm too so may have to dust it off later....

    xox

    ReplyDelete