Saturday, March 26, 2011

BLOG HOP - PAGE MAPS SKETCH

Today I am taking part, with 7 of my stamping friends (all Stampin' Up! demonstrators), in a blog
hop.  You may have come here from the blog of my talented and dear friend Judy May, but if not, you can start the "tour" here, and visit all 8 blogs.

Each of us is interpreting the following Page Maps sketch by Becky Fleck:




Some of us are solely cardmakers, and some scrapbookers, and others are talented at both.  I, for one, can't wait to see what everyone has come up with.  We hope you enjoy all of our creations! 

The strip of little baubles across the lower part of the sketch screamed "pompom trim" to me.  In Stampin' Up!'s new Mini catalogue, launching on 1st April, one of the exciting new offerings is gorgeous, bright, pompom trim.  I've used it in both cards I have to show you today.


I used my Stampin' Up! Color Coach to choose the colours for my first card.  How great do Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango and Old Olive look together?




Stamps: Party This Way, Seeing Stars, Confetti, Classic Stars jumbo stampin' around wheel
Card: Confetti White, Tangerine Tango textured, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive stampin' pads
Other: Word Window punch, Star punch, Small Star punch (retired), Buttons #5 sizzlits die, Tangerine Tango Pompom trim (*available 1st April), sponge daubers, Old Olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, sticky strip



My second card uses another new product from the upcoming Autumn/Winter Mini catalogue - the gorgeous Sweet Stitches Designer Series Paper.  The colours in this paper determined the colours for my card.




Stamps: Punch Bunch
Card: Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi textured
DSP: Sweet Stitches Designer Series Paper (*available 1st April), Newsprint DSP
Ink: Melon Mambo stampin' pad and marker, Wild Wasabi stampin' pad and marker, Baja Breeze marker, Basic Black stampin' pad, Crumb Cake stampin' pad
Other: 1 3/8" circle punch, Scallop Circle punch, 1" circle punch, Mat Pack and paper piercing tool, Eyelet Border punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Basic Pearls, Melon Mambo pompom trim (*available 1st April), stampin' dimensionals, sticky strip


The next stop on today's "tour" is Kathryn Ruddick's blog.  Make sure you do the whole circuit, and check out everyone's creations; I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas for your own projects.  Please leave us all some comment love - we like to know you've been to visit!



Here's a complete list of all the participants in today's blog hop.  If you lose your way, just pop back in here and click on the links.


Ros Davidson
http://www.rosdavidson.typepad.com/


Tina Gillespie
http://scissorspapercard.blogspot.com/


Amy Buchanan
http://fashioninggreatimpressions.com/


Nikki Sadler
http://www.inkyart.com.au/


Di Dunk
http://www.stampartbydi.typepad.com/


Judy May
http://www.judymay.typepad.com/


Christine Blain  (that's me!)
http://www.christineblain.blogspot.com/


Kathryn Ruddick
http://www.katlodesigns.com/




I hope you have a lovely weekend, that involves some stamping time!

14 comments:

  1. Holy cow you've been a busy little bee haven't ya! Both your cards are super lovely and I just just LOVIN that pom pom trim........I must get me some of that! lol

    Have a great weekend my friend! Its raining here in Mackay (and I mean pouring!!) so it'll be a cardmaking weekend for this gal!

    Luv K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, what great cards.I really can't choose between them, they are both fab. I love the colour combo's on both and the dsp on the second one is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both super Christine. Love the colours on the second one and might have to have that new DSP after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE both cards Christine. Don't kow which is my fav. Yes, I love that DSP on the second one too. Didn't even think to order it because I wasn't into the sewing stuff at all in the catty. May have to change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love that pom-pom fringe! I'm going to have to get mine back out again after seeing this inspiration ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of your cards Christine! I'm going to have to get my pom pom trim out and get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pompom trim - the sketch really did call for it didn't it?? Pity they don't make it in Perfect Plum or Old Olive! You also win points for being able to stick so closely to the sketch - it's still recognisable, unlike mine :o)
    Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine, I am enjoying this blog hop! Love both your cards as both have such pretty colour combos and the pom pom trim sets them off so nicely. I really like how you have used the newsprint DSP on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cards Christine! I love the colour combo of the first card - so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine what gorgeous cards. Must get me some of the pompom trim, it's fantasmagorical. I love it so much I'd wear it on the bottom of a skirt!!!!LOL TFS Cheers Donna Zammit:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Christine - love the pom pom trim and the colours of the second card - had to go and check out the pack of paper because it looked different to mine - but of course it is the same - you've just been very clever with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine your cards are awesome as always, I am very envious of how you can just layer a card just so perfectly. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic interpretations of the sketch Christine. I love all the pattern you achieved with the first card & it's all stamped! Very clever. Love the DSP you have combined on the second - not an obvious choice, but they look great together. You certainly are a master at layering, & ditto what everyone else said about the pom pom trim! :)

    ReplyDelete