Saturday, March 12, 2011

BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLIES MEETS LOVE LETTER DSP

I struggle a bit to make cards without butterflies on them at the moment!  I'm loving Stampin' Up!'s Beautiful Butterflies die, and Beautiful Wings embosslits.

Today's card is one I made for a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator for her birthday.  To make the butterfly, I cut strips of Love Letter Designer Series Paper, and adhered them vertically to a small piece of cardstock.  I then used the Beautiful Butterflies die to cut out the butterfly - and how cool does it look??  I'm really pleased with the result.  The Riding Hood Red butterfly beneath it has been embossed using my Elegant Lines embossing folder; it doesn't show up in the photo, but adds some nice texture to the card.


Stamps: Sincere Salutations, Very Vintage jumbo stampin' around wheel
Card: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
DSP: Love Letter Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake and Basic Black stampin' pads
Other: Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, Neutrals brads, sponge dauber, Elegant Lines embossing folder, Scallop Edge border punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love how you've done the butterfly - very clever!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful Christine! I love how you've lightly wheeled the Very Vintage wheel in the background and the butterfly is goreous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooooooo super pretty Christine! I just adore those butterflies and I'm hoping like heck to get some money for my birthday this week so I can buy it! I am green with envy that you have it! lol

    Have a great day gorgeous!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have resisted buying that die and you're making it hard to keep resisting! Beautiful card, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! I love the colours and I am with you on the butterfly thing - just love em!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must have been something in the air I just did this too although I have huge butterfly "envy" over yours!

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  7. The butterfly is beautiful what a fabulous idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours & paper you have used here Christine! Gorgeous card & that butterfly is spectacular. :)

    ReplyDelete