Friday, November 26, 2010

JUST ADD INK #45 - SKETCH CHALLENGE

Normally I see the words "sketch challenge" and am tempted to run for the hills! I MUCH prefer colour challenges, but am trying to embrace the whole concept of stretching myself to try new things! This week's sketch at Just Add Ink sparked all sorts of ideas in my head - I can see myself using this gorgeous, simple, sketch time and time again.  Thanks, Danielle!  Here's the sketch:




I was in the mood for a bit of colouring in today, so had another play with my new Cupcake Kiki stamp - this time, I watercoloured her, using my Stampin' Up! markers and an aquapainter.  Using a white gel pen, I added a few little details - stripes on Kiki's stockings, and dots on her top (as well as highlights on her hair baubles, and in the flower centre).

This card will be going to someone we know who recently had a really nasty fall, and is 'out of action' for several weeks.  Hopefully it'll put a smile on her face.



Stamps: Cupcake Kiki (CC Designs), Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Watercolour Paper
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento inkpad, Early Espresso stampin' pad and marker, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, Night of Navy, and Baja Breeze markers
Other: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, aquapainter, Nestabilities, Rain Drops heart embellishment, Word Window punch, stampin' sponge, sponge dauber, Signo White gel pen, Baja Breeze Patterns DSP (retired)


I'll be back to "normal programming", showcasing Stampin' Up! stamps, tomorrow.  Please come back to visit my blog over the weekend, as I will be taking part in a blog hop with some stamping friends.  We've got some AWESOME Christmas projects to show you!!

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the world :)

17 comments:

  1. That is so gorgeous Christine.
    The colours you have chosen work so well together and your watercolouring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colouring Christine! Your card is really lovely. I'm sure it will cheer up your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Love what you've done with your gel pen, those little highlights make such a difference.

    Your colouring is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable ... love that stamped image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Christine, this is soooo cute. Love your colouring and the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is sooooooooo cute, Christine! LOVE your colouring!

    LOL at the sketch vs colour challenges :) I love sketches more than colour challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute and adorable ... and love the colours! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh very cute, that image is gorgeous, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute..kiki turned out really well. your card would cheer anyone up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is adorable! I'm so glad you like the sketch! Your colouring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw gosh Christine, this card is precious! Hope your friend is feeling better soon as this will certainly lift her spirits. Love the Baja & Crumb Cake colour scheme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine this card is sooo cute!!! I love the colours and that little girl is just adorable! Gorgeous gorgeous card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good on you for trying the sketch challenge Christine. Your interpretation is gorgeous!! So is your colouring BTW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Christine. Love your highlights with the white gel pen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being a top pick, Christine! This is such an adorable card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute Stamp Christine- and I love your watercolouring- Congrats on your Top Pick x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous card Christine, beautiful watercolouring well done on being a Top Pick

    ReplyDelete