Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Well, well, well .... another BLUE card!

Having made the sweeping statement that I don't often use blue in my creations, I must admit that I am totally smitten with Stampin' Up!'s Marina Mist (and Baja Breeze) .... guess I need to eat my words!

A few days ago I ran an embossing class, and we focussed on the new "Elements of Style" stamp set - because I love it, and, hey, as the teacher, I get to decide these things!  I particularly like the Marina Mist card we made, so thought I'd share it with you.  Simple, but sweet, I think (hope you like it too!).


Stamps: Elements of Style
Card: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Marina Mist stampin' pad, Versamark inkpad
Other: White embossing powder, Beautiful Wings embosslits, Basic Black taffeta ribbon, Mat Pack and paper-piercing tool, 1" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, sponge dauber, Basic Pearls, Tombow multi liquid glue


This coming Saturday (23rd October), a few friends and I are having a "mini" blog hop, that is technique-based.  Even though there will be only 6 of us taking part, we are each showcasing a different technique to use in your paper crafting - hope you'll come back to visit, to get some ideas!

10 comments:

  1. Being a blue person myself (it's the Pisces in me) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love that stamp done in the white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've got to try embossing this stamp - it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, those blues are stunning! Love this image stamped in white, gorgeous Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine. this is gorgeous. the marina with the black is fabulous. great embossing job and i love the little black butterflies. just perfect.
    hope you are enjoying the start of summer down-under
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the other side of the spectrum Christine! Love your design & the black & white plus one colour theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just gorgeous. Love the black and white contrast with the blue. Terrific card - for someone who isn't into blue that much *wink*

    ReplyDelete