Sunday, October 31, 2010

INKSPIRATIONS COLOUR CHALLENGE #46

This week Makeesha has set a challenge to use these colours in a papercraft project:



I had to make a birthday card for someone very dear to me, and decided these colours would be a good starting point.  It may not look like I've used Poppy Parade (because it is such a vibrant colour in real life), but I have!  I wet some watercolour paper before adding colour, to dilute the Poppy Parade and Baja Breeze that I used to watercolour the hydrangea.  I'm surprised, but really pleased, with the softness of colour that resulted. 


Stamps: Very Vintage jumbo Stampin' Around wheel, Pocket Silhouettes, Because I Care (hostess set)
Card: Baja Breeze (smooth and textured), Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Watercolour paper
Ink: Baja Breeze stampin' pad, Jet Black Staz-on inkpad, Poppy Parade stampin' pad, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive stampin' pads
Other: Aquapainter, sponge dauber, Beautiful Wings embosslits, Word Window Punch, Button Latte (retired), Very Vanilla 5/8" and 1/4" grosgrain ribbons, Top Note die, Mat Pack and paper-piercing tool, mini glue dots, Tombow multi glue, paper snips








6 comments:

  1. This is lovely Christine. The hydrangea colours are gorgeous...beautiful watercolouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on the colours at Inkspirations this week!!!!
    Love those sweet little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of the hydrangeas Mum used to have in her garden (that I used to get in trouble for pulling the heads off - lol)! Beautiful card Christine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Christine, love the paper piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous gorgeous card Christine - so lovely and soft! I keep forgetting to use my top note die - will definitely be pulling it out this week now! THanks so much for the inspiration! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine; This card is absolutely gorgeous! I'm gonna have to CASE it! Thank you for the inspiration.
    ~Shawnie B.

    ReplyDelete