Sunday, October 31, 2010

INKSPIRATIONS COLOUR CHALLENGE #46 .... again!

I had some lovely time to myself, in my craft room, last night (while all three of my boys had a Mike Tyson DVD blaring).  I had already made one card for this week's Inkspirations Challenge #46, but loved the colour combo, and wanted to challenge myself to come up with a completely different card.  The first card I made was very soft, which didn't really reflect how I saw these colours initially:


So, for my second card, I added accents of Poppy Parade - such a bright, happy, orangey-red.  I have not shown much love to the Birds and Blooms sizzlits die I bought a while back, so the starting point for this card was to incorporate some of the cute Scallop Circles (I like to call them flowers) from the set of dies.  I started off by cutting out both sizes of Scallop Circles, in So Saffron, and adhering them to the top portion of my So Saffron card base.  This card is all about the texture!

Stamps: Perfect Punches
Card: So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze
Ink: Baja Breeze stampin' pad and marker, Poppy Parade marker, So Saffron stampin' pad and marker
Other: Birds and Blooms sizzlits die, Beautiful Wings embosslits, sponge dauber, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Curly Label punch, 1" Circle punch, Basic Pearls, Poppy Parade poly-stitched ribbon, mini glue dot

7 comments:

  1. Really pretty card Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you Christine with two challenge cards! This one is lots of fun - I'm itching to run my fingers over all that lovely texture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very different cards with the same colours, and stunning in their own way!! I love them both.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this card, Christine - all the pretty butterflies and flowers combined with a great colour combo make for a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Christine

    I'm so glad you combo enough to play twice! Love your beautiful butterfly creation, too!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Christine! I hope you enjoy the new stamp sets from SU when they come in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Christine,

    you did a wonderful job with the texture! I like your saffron scalloped circles on the saffron background very effective. Its fun soft and beautiful all at the same time :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete