Saturday, September 25, 2010

SEPTEMBER BLOG HOP - NEW CATALOGUE PRODUCTS

Hi everyone!  I know some of you will think today is an exciting day, because (apparently) the AFL Grand Final is being played.  However, something even MORE exciting is happening!!!  A group of us, all Stampin' Up! demonstrators, have a blog hop happening today - and we're showcasing products from the brand new Idea Book & Catalogue.  Now, isn't that more interesting than some footy game?!

There are 10 of us taking part in the blog hop today.  Each person taking part will have a link, at the end of her blog post, to take you on to the next person's blog.  I'll also list everyone at the bottom of this post, so if you lose your way, you can check back here to see who else you need to pay a visit to.  I'll bet there will be some fantastic ideas that you'll pick up along the way.  So, make yourself a cuppa, settle in, and have fun! 

I have chosen to make a little series of cards using the new Two Step Extra-Large Owl Punch (I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of this little fellow around blogland, but I just couldn't resist - this is one of the items I was most looking forward to getting in the new catalogue), and the beautiful new Woodland Walk Designer Series Papers.  These papers, as my friend Judy said, are "very green" - that's why I like them!  Love the earthy tones, and the variety of patterns.

In this first card, I've used a few new stamps as well.  See if you can spot them (by the way, I'm in LOVE ... you'll see a lot more of these too!).

Stamps: A to Z, Confetti, Perfect Punches, Occasional Greetings
Card: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi (textured and smooth), Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip stampin' pad and marker, Wild Wasabi stampin' pad, Sahara Sand stampin' pad
DSP: Woodland Walk Designer Series Paper
Other: Two Step XL Owl Punch, mat pack and paper piercer, Round Tab XL Punch, stampin' sponge, Stamp-a-ma-jig



My second card has very little stamping on it - just the dotty Garden Green panel (new, cute, background stamp!!), and the sentiment.  Look how beautifully the Word Window Punch mats onto the new, gorgeous, Modern Label Punch - LOVE that!

Stamps: Dot, Dot, Dot and Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Garden Green stampin' pad, Chocolate Chip stampin' pad and marker, Sahara Sand stampin' pad
DSP: Woodland Walk Designer Series Paper
Other: Two Step XL Owl Punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Scallop Edge border punch, sponge daubers, Linen Thread, stampin' dimensionals



Lastly, I have a simple card that shows off a couple of my favourite patterns from the Woodland Walk Designer Series Paper pack. 


Stamps: Hello Again
Card: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Crumb Cake
DSP: Woodland Walk Desgner Series Paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip stampin' pad and marker
Other: Two Step XL Owl Punch, Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, 1 3/4 x 7/8" Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval XL Punch, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dots, sponge dauber


Well, that's it from me, folks.  The next stop on the blog hop is the blog of  Tina Gillespie, who I am sure will have something gorgeous to show you!

Here is a complete list of all participants in the blog hop.  Thanks for visiting, and leaving us some comment love!  May you have a happy, relaxing Saturday, and if you're a footy fan, I hope you're happy with the result (me, I'd rather be stamping!).


Ros Davidson
http://rosdavidson.typepad.com/ros_davidson_live_life_an/2010/09/blog-hop-time.html

Nikki Sadler
http://www.inkyart.com.au/inkyart/2010/09/new-catalogue-blog-hop.html

Christine Blain
(that's me!)

Tina Gillespie
http://scissorspapercard.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-catalogue-blog-hop.html

Amy Buchanan
http://fashioninggreatimpressions.com/?p=748

Erica Boxall
http://www.ericaboxall.com/2010/09/new-catty-bog-hop.html

Kathryn Mangelsdorf
http://klm55.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-hop-featuring-new-idea-book-and.html

Kristine Thompson
http://www.inkspotcreations.com/ink-spot-creations/2010/09/new-catalogue-blog-hop.html

Alisha Watson
http://ratherbstampin.typepad.com/rather-b-stampin/2010/09/new-catalogue-blog-hop.html

Judy May
http://judymay.typepad.com/just_judy_designs/2010/09/new-catalogue-blog-hop.html

19 comments:

  1. How cute is that owl, beautiful cards.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These owl cards are awesome!! Love them Christine!! SUper clever and very cute!!
    SMiles SHarnee :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those owls are gorgeous Christine, the second one is my favourite and Woodland Walk is VERY green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that Woodland Walk dsp - now I must have some of that. Your cards are lovely as usual :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving those owls Christine, each one seems to have a different expression, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, you never cease to amaze me. These cards are FANTASTIC. Now I wished I got the owl punch in my order..sooooo many things on my wish list. Thanks for sharing you wonderful work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argh! Now I HAVE to get that owl punch... sigh.. you've done a fantastic job yet again. I think the second one is my favourite but they are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously cute! Can't wait to get time to use some new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous - makes me just want to go bust open a pack of that Woodland Walk DSP. Your owls are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine your creations are just gorgeous! Love that owl and those papers have slipped past me, but I think I am sold. :)
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of the owl punch Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Christine, I love those owls...they are on back order at the moment so I am waiting and waiting for mine to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are just SO CUTE Christine. I love this punch anyway and you have really done it justice. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with the owls - been playing with them this afternoon. Your creations are brilliant as usual Christine - well done sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Christine. All of these cards are lovely, but my absolute favourite is the middle one. LOVE your use of textures and layers here. Stunning! I am going to look up the bubbly green background layer you have used. I must have some! :-)

    Best wishes,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just gorgeous! I can't tell you how much I adore that owl. Great papers and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously cute cards, Christine. Love them all. And, because you know me well, you know how I am feeling after yesterday's match result! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute trio Christine - the first little fellow is my favourite. Love the fern & woodgrain papers as well (on the list they go!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. HI Christine,

    sigh - I love them all. Love the gentle earthy colours - you've twisted my arm -I am so ordering Woodland Walk! Great designs - and wonderful layering. Thanks.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete