Saturday, September 11, 2010

JUST PEACHY THANKS

I'm working my way through the new colours of ink and cardstock that arrived on my doorstep a couple of days ago.  It's so exciting to have new colours in the Stampin' Up! range; change is a good thing!

The dominant colour I've used on the card I have to share with you today is Peach Parfait, one of the five "in colours" that will form part of Stampin' Up's colour offerings for two years.  I have been using rather a lot of orange and green in my cards lately, but this orange is a softer colour than you've seen on my recent cards. 

After stamping the Bella Toile background (isn't it a gorgeous stamp?!), I used an Aquapainter to subtly draw some of the ink colour in from the outlines.  The cluster of flowers was created by stamping the flower images from Punch Potpourri (a new hostess stamp set - ask me how you can get this for FREE!), then punching them out using the Boho Blossoms punch.  A bit of sponging, some ribbon, and a punched-out sentiment, complete the card.  Simple, but (I hope you agree) pretty.

Stamps: Bella Toile, Perfect Punches, Punch Potpourri
Card: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Peach Parfait
Ink: Peach Parfait and Basic Gray stampin' pads
Other: Boho Blossoms punch, aquapainter, stampin' sponges, Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, Scallop Oval Punch, Basic Pearls, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dot

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is beautiful! I can't wait to put in my next order to get that hostess set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldnt use orange to save myslef! You have done a lovely job with it, what a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete