Sunday, September 26, 2010

"JUST ADD INK" CHALLENGE 36

This week's challenge over at the wonderful Just Add Ink site is to make a card, scrapbook page, or other papercraft item, using this sketch as a starting point:



As tempted as I was to make a pretty, girly, butterfly card (I'm quite a literal person!), I decided to use the sketch to come up with a male card - suitable particularly for a boy.  There are a few special young men in our lives who have birthdays coming up, so I need to get organised.  This was a good kick-along for me.  I just LOVE the colour combination of Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso and Tangerine Tango.   

Look at how well these colours go together:





.... and a close-up of the balloons, so you can see the 'strings' I added using Linen Thread.  See what a beautiful crisp image the balloon stamp (from the "Party This Way" set) gives?  I love it.


Stamps: Wonderfully Worn, Party This Way
Card: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
DSP: Tangerine Tango Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Tangerine Tango stampin' pads
Other: Sponge daubers, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Linen Thread, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Tombow Multi liquid glue

18 comments:

  1. Wow Christine! I love how you've used the sketch to make a boyish card. I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ingenious! I LOVE your boy card, Christine. That colour combination is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, and thanks for introducing me to another luscious colour combination! Mmm, can't wait to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the colour combo, TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card Christine, I love the candle placement too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch Christine & yet another brilliant colour combo! Love the balloon strings :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Christine - great colour combo - must dig that set out and have a play

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh ... I like this Christine ....looks like a party .... great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Christine! Totally rocks, Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very cool card! What a terrific colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - I love those colours together! They're fabulous! Yours is the first card to really interest me in that set... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colour combo and the twine at the balloon strings. What a great card!

    Laurie

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colour combo (would never have thought of those). This is a fantastic card for anyone - young or old.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card Christine. I love how you've used the sketch and I agree, that balloon image is great!

    Best wishes,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great colour combo Christine and a fab take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgoues male card, Christine! Love the strings of the balloon.I like the balloon image too. Great work as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your colour combo Christine - I'll have to give that a try. I love this set. I made my son's birthday invitations and card using this set. I suppose I should post them on my blog *oops*

    ReplyDelete