Wednesday, September 22, 2010

JUST ADD INK #35

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink is to make a sympathy card.  I wasn't sure that I'd get a chance to take part this week, as I've had a couple of classes (silly me, arranged them with different themes, so had double the preparation!) this week.  However, I am really pleased that I have been able to have some "play time" in my craft room this afternoon.

I think soft greens are beautiful, especially with white, on sympathy cards.  I have teamed Pear Pizzazz with Whisper White, and added in some of the new yellow in Stampin' Up!'s range - the gorgeous Daffodil Delight.

Because the light was failing when I went to photograph this card, I'm not sure if you can see that the base card has been stamped with the floral image from "Elements of Style".  It's the same stamp I've used in the main panel, but I've used Pear Pizzazz ink, stamped it off once on scrap paper, then stamped the lighter impression on my card.  Anyway, enough words - here's the picture:


Stamps: Elements of Style, Thoughts & Prayers
Card: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
DSP: Pear Pizzazz Patterns Designer Series Paper (hostess pack)
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Pear Pizzazz stampin' pad and marker, Old Olive marker, Daffodil Delight stampin' pad and marker
Other: White embossing powder, Whisper White 5/8" satin ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, blender pen, sponger daubers, mini glue dots


I will be back soon with another post, to show you a couple of cards we made in today's Christmas card class!

11 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card Christine and I agree that these colours look good together - a nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely card and perfect colour scheme for the theme too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,
    this turned out so lovely and soft - and I do like the colour combo too.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I love the colour combo. Very elegant.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my .... a lovely lovely card, yes a great colour combo and oh so elegant.

    Thank you too Christine for your kind and beautiful thoughts that you left me ... my heartfelt thanks ... Tui xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant and appropriate for the theme Christine. I'm looking forward trying Elements of Style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely Christine. I love how you have embossed the main image in white. So very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really beautiful Christine. It is so soft and elegant. As I have said before you are so clever with your choice of colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous, Christine! You've just made me NEED this set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful Christine.... as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card & colours Christine! Can't wait to get hold of this set. :)

    ReplyDelete