Friday, September 10, 2010

"EXTREME ELEMENTS" in extreme colours

And now, for something completely different!

One of the stamp sets I was most excited to see in the new Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue, is "Extreme Elements".  I LOVE making cards for boys and men ... I could see myself using this stamp set to make subtle, grungy backgrounds in earthy colours.  Well, the card I've made today is not one of those!

As I mentioned in my earlier post today, I am particularly taken with the new "In Colour" Patterns Designer Series Paper.  I decided I wanted to work with Concord Crush, a new purple, so I started off choosing some patterned paper in that colour.  The pattern made me think of a teenage boy / young man, and perhaps a graduation card.  Here's the "unsubtle" result of combining Extreme Elements with Concord Crush paper, and Poppy Parade (another of the "in colours", in the range for two years) ink:


I'm pleased to say that it gets the tick of approval from both of my boys (and even a "Whoa - that's AWESOME!" from my 9 year old).

Here's a close-up of one of my new favourite punch shapes - cut using the Modern Label Extra Large punch (just because I think it looks cool):


Stamps: Extreme Elements, Perfect Punches
Card: Basic Gray, Poppy Parade, Whisper White
DSP: Concord Crush Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Basic Gray, Poppy Parade and Concord Crush stampin' pads
Other: Modern Label XL Punch, Basic Gray button (from Neutrals assortment), mini glue dot, stampin' dimensionals, paper snips


I am REALLY happy with the way this card turned out, and am looking forward to stamping "Extreme Elements" in lots of different colour combinations.

I do have another card to share with you, but I will save it for tomorrow! 

8 comments:

  1. Wow Christine, that is awesome! Love those new colours. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! First time I've seen it "in action"! Stunning colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! You sure are having a fun-fab-Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - a colour combination I wouldn't have thought would work, but it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was totally looking forward to more 'boy' sets this catalogue, but have to say I was disappointed when I saw the Extreme stamps, wondering what on earth I could do with them....a few more ideas from you and I may have to purchase myself :o)

    Great colour combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I like ... I like very much .... another stamp set moves up the list from want to NEED LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card christine I have such trouble with thinking up something for a man's cards

    ReplyDelete