Monday, September 20, 2010

EXTREME ELEMENTS for Ethan

Today my 'baby' is having a milestone birthday - he's 10!!  I'm trying not to be all soppy, and lament the loss of all the past cuteness, but I must say I am struggling a bit with my littlest growing up.

I'm having great fun with my new "Extreme Elements" stamp set, and right from when he saw this creation, Ethan requested that I use the stamps on his birthday card.  (Darn it, there goes my idea of a cutesy owl card.)  I think every time I use this stamp set, I like it more and more.  Here's what I came up with, using some of the fantastic fresh, new, colours from Stampin' Up!


Stamps: Extreme Elements, Perfect Punches, Sanded
Card: Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Whisper White, Cajun Craze
Ink: Early Espresso, Marina Mist and Cajun Craze stampin' pads, Soft Suede marker
Other: Star Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Early Espresso button (from Neutrals assortment), Colour Spritzer tool, sponge daubers, mini glue dots, paper snips

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY, Ethan!  Love you, buddy xx

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ethan. Card looks fantastic, this set is on my wish list too.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is 'awesome', and just perfect for a birthday boy.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant colour combo Christine! Ethan's card rocks - hope he has a great birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can relate to the baby boy turning 10 - was my turn a few weeks ago :o(

    I think you're going to make me have to have this set now Christine! You're making some fab cards with it! Love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Ethan! What a prefect 'pre-teen' card Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make this set rock, Christine! Hope Ethan had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Ethan. A great card Christine and I love the ones from the last post too, especially the Elements of Style one, even the bird!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope Ethan had a great birthday, his card is just brillant. Marls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Christine. You really use this stamp set so brilliantly. Now it's another 'must have' on my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A belated happy birthday to Ethan, and LOVE the card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. somewhere along the way I have lost my link to your site .... found it whilst typing up for the blog and realised that you have been creating away and I have missed it all .... so a very belated Happy Birthday Ethan - that's one cool card

    ReplyDelete