Wednesday, September 22, 2010

CHRISTMAS CARD CLASS

This morning I held a class, in which we made four Christmas cards using new Stampin' Up! products.  I've committed to holding one Christmas class a month (since July) until at least November, in an effort to be more organised than I'm prone to being!

The first card we made was so I could show how beautifully the new Cherry Cobbler ink, cardstock and papers match.  We used "Jolly Holiday" Designer Series Papers, which have a beautiful array of patterns (lots of circles and polka dots, so I'm happy!).  It's a simple card, but I think it's quite elegant, with the addition of some scrumptious new Old Olive 5/8" satin ribbon, and a single rhinestone.  What do you think?

Stamps: Delightful Decorations, Occasional Greetings
Card: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
DSP: Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper
Ink: Cherry Cobbler stampin' pad
Other: Ornament XL punch, Old Olive 5/8" satin ribbon, Basic Rhinestone, Stamp-a-ma-jig, mini glue dots



We again used the "Delightful Decorations" stamp set, and co-ordinating Ornament punch, using the same colours but with a very different result.  The pattern in the punched-out squares on this next card was made by stamping the beautiful ornate Christmas tree, from "Snow Swirled", then punching out portions of the image.  I love it, and was quite pleased with myself for coming up with that idea - I wanted something 'swirly', to go with the pattern on the ornament, and the background of the card.


Stamps: Delightful Decorations, Snow Swirled, Short & Sweet, So Swirly jumbo wheel
Card: Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive stampin' pads, Versamark inkpad
Other: Ornament XL punch, Word Window punch, 1 1/4" large square punch, 1 3/8" XL square punch, stampin' around jumbo handle, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Very Vanilla 3/8" taffeta ribbon, sponge daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals, mini glue dots


I'll be back tomorrow with the second instalment of today's Christmas card class.

You can expect a few posts from me in coming days, as on Saturday 25th I will be taking part with some friends in a blog hop.  Hope you come back to visit, and join us all, to get some ideas on how to use lots of new products from Stampin' Up!

8 comments:

  1. Great cards! Love the way they have turned out. Cherry Cobbler is my new favourite colour I think :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful christmas cards, and I agree with Patrice, cherry cobbler is becoming my fave too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah .... great cards, love the cherry cobbler and the new ornament punch ... creates simple yet stunning designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both gorgeous, Christine! Love the ornaments and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these cards Mrs B - I need both stamp sets now .... beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both fabulous Christine, but I love the elegance of the Cherry Cobbler one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both gorgeous cards Christine! Very clever trick using a portion of the snow swirled tree image! :)

    ReplyDelete