Wednesday, September 8, 2010

BIRTHDAY "PARTY THIS WAY"

Today I held the first of my classes for September .... hands down, one of my favourite ways to spend a few hours!  I am not-so-patiently awaiting delivery of all my new Stampin' Up! goodies.  However, we were able to make four cards today, using new products that I was able to order before the release of the new catalogue (one of the many perks of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator!).

I thought I'd share with you the card we made using a great new stamp set called "Party This Way".  We actually have SUNSHINE today in Melbourne (hence the glary photo!).  Take a look at these cute balloons:

Stamps: Party This Way
Card: Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango stampin' pads, Basic Black stampin' write marker
Other: Top Note die, stampin' dimensionals, Tangerine Tango striped grosgrain ribbon (retired), Word Window punch

Simple, but cute, don't you think?  I was determined to make at least one card without flowers, because I tend to favour stamps and papers with a natural, organic, lean.  I love the patterns on the candle and the balloon in this stamp set; I'm sure I'll get a LOT of use out of it.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you to get some sunshine! Love the card - very different from your usual style, but just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great colour combo for kids Christine and the balloons look fab.

    ReplyDelete