Sunday, August 29, 2010

JUST ADD INK #32

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink, is to "just add material" to a card or other papercraft project.  I don't have any fabric (much to my mother's dismay, I can't sew to save my life), so I have drawn a rather long bow (pardon the pun), and used one of the sweet little fabric flowers from Stampin' Up!'s Pretties Kit, that is about to retire.  I have also used the solitary Baja Breeze corduroy brad that I had left (LOVED those things, but it's time for me to use up my hoarded supplies!).

Here is the card I came up with, using the "oldies but goodies", plus some gorgeous new products that will be available from this coming Wednesday!!  Counting down the hours until 1st September, when the brand-spanking-new-AMAZING 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalogue goes 'live'!!

Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, Friends Never Fade (*NEW*)
Card: So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark inkpad, So Saffron, Baja Breeze and Basic Black stampin' pads
DSP: Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper (*NEW*)
Other: Scallop Edge punch, Fancy Flower XL punch (*NEW*), 5-petal Flower punch, Pretties Kit, Baja Breeze corduroy brad, sponge daubers, Stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals


I just LOVE how the 5-petal flower punch fits beautifully with the new Fancy Flower XL punch.  I can see this becoming a recurring theme on my cards!

Hope you're having a happy day.  I had a lovely mini-golf, and hot chocolate / cafe latte, date with my littlest man this morning, while his big brother was at cricket training - such a nice way to spend the morning!

14 comments:

  1. I love those beautiful Spring colours! I'm with you on the whole sewing machine thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, pretty colours! Haven't tried out my new fancy flower punch yet, but so glad to see it coordinates nicely with the 5 petal punch. Sounds like you had a lovely start to the day :o)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another great card. The colours are gorgeous. And yes the punches fit perfectly together. A great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love the flower.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another oh-so-gorgeous card, Christine. And now I have 3 more things to add to my list for Sept 1...**sigh**. Seeya Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, what a lovely card. I have that 5 petal punch and it's never quite 'worked' for me but I love how you've layered it with the big flower. I'll have to give that a try now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flower Christine - the two go together oh so beautifully ... definitely taking a leaflet out of your book for this one ... love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Colours Christine. Can't wait for the new catalogue

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty card Christine. Love your soft background stamping, the flower you have created & the yummy colour combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a beautiful card Christine, and you're right - those punches look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty - love those colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear... now you've given me more punch ideas! They do look fabulous together. :-) Gorgeous card, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. welcome to spring, love the new DSP

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really beautiful card, kind of wish you hadn't given me a good reason to buy another punch though.
    I was honestly thinking I didn't need that flower punch until you showed me how great it was!
    Thanks for inspiring and enabling me.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete