Friday, August 20, 2010

JUST ADD INK #31, and HELPING HUDSON TECHNIQUE CHALLENGE

The colour challenge over at Just Add Ink this week is right up my alley!  Here are the colours to incorporate in a papercraft project:



 I already have a HEAP of cards I've made using these colours, but of course I had to make a new card specifically for the challenge.  While I was at it, I decided to incorporate this week's technique challenge, at Helping Hudson, to use embossing and sponging.  If any of my customers are reading this, they'll probably just laugh or roll their eyes, because any card I make just isn't finished if it's not sponged to within an inch of its life! Sponge daubers are highly valued items in my house, and get a VERY good work-out in my classes!!

My brother and sister-in-law are about to celebrate being married 24 years.  They are no-fuss people (clearly not Leos, ha ha), and I thought this colour scheme would be perfect to use on their anniversary card.  I love the 'understated' look of stamping on kraft card; because it has a rougher tooth than Whisper White, the ink does not absorb as well.  That rustic look is just what I was going for.  I've sponged around every panel and element (including each heart) ..... I had planned to sponge around the outer edge of the card front, but got too excited about having enough light to photograph the card on this bleak day, so will do that before I put the card in the post!  The 'embossed' part is the Kraft dotty panel in the centre, and the sentiment panel; I've used the 'debossed' side to complement the simply, un-fussy, look of the rest of the card.


Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Sahara Sand stampin' pads
Other: Heart to Heart Punch, Round Tab Punch, Word Window Punch, Linen Thread, 5/16" jumbo brads, dimensionals, sponge daubers, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder



Our "Helping Hudson" fundraiser officially winds up on Sunday!!  So, if you haven't already been to the website to purchase the fabulous bundles of tutorials (AMAZING value, at only $10 for 10 tutorials), or make a donation towards Hudson's Kidwalk, please do so in the next two days.  Your support is greatly appreciated - thank you!

16 comments:

  1. Love your card Christine! That twine just really makes it doesn't it. Must dig mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Yes I love the twine. I can't wait to have a play with the colours. I off to my Stamp weekend. Have a nice weekend.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am SO LOVIN' this!!! I love the way you've wound the thread around there - it really spiffy's (is that even a word! lol) up the card!

    Great job Christine!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Christine and shows how versatile embossed backgrounds can be - use either side depending upon your desired effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that stamp set and love the twine. I'm saving this to my CASE file, it's a gorgeous card. Lovely work Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a great card...it has such a "wow" look to it. And yes, having been to one of your workshops, I can testify that you truly are the Queen of sponging! Ooops...in the crafting sense, I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card, I love the colours and the twine really adds that special touch. Love how you have reversed the embossed dots.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card..love the way you have used the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card Christine .... definitely a caseable card - I love the whole look of the card, versatile and gender neutral .... Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you have used the reverse side of the polka dot folder. What a great anniversary card. I'm sure your brother & SIL will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful. I love the twine, it's so rustic. And I love the subtle background too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Christine! Love how you have cut out the matting, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card, so cute, i may have to case this for my anniversary ,love your work

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous again Christine. Love the 'debossed' look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love this card Christine!! :)

    ReplyDelete