Saturday, August 14, 2010

JUST ADD INK #30

The wonderful girls over at Just Add Ink have combined their regular weekly challenge with a little helping hand for Hudson.  The Design Team have come up with the most incredible submissions this week - you MUST go check them out!  Gorgeous, delightful, and awe-inspiring - and I'm talking about the women themselves, not just their amazing projects.

The theme of this week's challenge is to "Just Add Wheels".  I am pretty darn proud of myself, because, having had limited opportunities to stamp 'just for fun' lately, I've been able to kill three birds with one stone (figuratively speaking, of course).  This month I'm running  a couple of classes with a 'wheels' theme, in aid of the "Helping Hudson" fundraiser.  One of the cards we made fits the bill perfectly for the JAI challenge.  The third bonus is that this card is intended for a very dear friend of mine, who is in the happy position of having just become a grandmother for the very first time.

I've incorporated a Stampin' Around wheel (Fast Flowers was used to create the gorgeous background on the main panel), two circles to hold and mat the image, and a pram which, of course, has wheels.  How cool is that for meeting the criteria?


Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes, Fast Flowers stampin' around wheel
Card: Confetti White, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Regal Rose stampin' pad, Pretty in Pink stampin' pad, standard ink cartridge and marker, white gel pen
Other: Mat pack and paper piercing tool, Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Word Window punch, sponge dauber, Circles #2 Sizzix die, dimensionals, Clear Rhinestone Brad (gem popped out), affixed with Crystal Effects


I'm hoping to fit in some more stamping time this weekend, so you never know, you might even see another post from me before the end of tomorrow!  Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend.

16 comments:

  1. Great card! Love all the criteria you met, very clever lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable!!!!! I think wheels get forgotten so I'm so glad they're getting their name out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I never get sick if that little pram. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just super cute Christine! The stitching really adds a lovely touch!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute baby card. The pram looks adorable and I like how you used the brad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, a lovely card - will be borrowing this idea for some friends due very very soon.

    Ps thanks for the comment on my blog re my sister Kylie's card. We would love to get together more often but I am in NT and she is in WA so once a yr if that is all we have to play together. She is very talented photographer and is awesome at art. Hopefully we will get her blogging soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of wheely good things happening with this card! Heaps of inspiration. I think you're pretty gorgeous delightful and awe-inspiring as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine this is gorgeous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, that fits the challenge well. Love your use of faux stitching around the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Christine,

    love all the pink :)perfect for a baby girl. You did a great job to include so much wheely goodness;)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. i thing your card qualifys X4. Perfect for a perfect little somone

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the cutest baby card! Beautiful work as always, Christine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a loveley card! No prizes for guessing it was a little girl then?? I'm sure your friend will cherish it as a reminder of her first grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christine this is gorgeous! I love it and Im sure the recipient will too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a precious card Christine! Love the little F&F Notes pram done all in pink. :)

    ReplyDelete