Monday, June 21, 2010

MY SECOND COLOUR CHALLENGE FOR THE DAY

Today's proving to be a productive one, in my craft room ... AND I'm managing to work my way through the washing pile, and cook tea.

I have made a simple card for this week's Inkspirations Colour Challenge #28, using these colours:



Makeesha-colour-challenge-28-1



I think the colours are great for a male card.  Here's what I came up with:



Inkspirations colour challenge #28

Stamps: Starring You

Card: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Elegant Eggplant and Pumpkin Pie stampin' pads

Other: 1 3/4" circle punch, Spiral Punch, Small Star punch, sponge daubers, dimensionals



I love how easy it is to make a card using one stamp set (don't often do that, so it was refreshing!), and a few punches.  This card took all of about 15 minutes to make, and I like it a lot!





 

8 comments:

  1. Looks great, love how it jumps out at you with the striking colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely! I freaked when I saw those colours in the challenge, but after seeing your beautiful card I might be tempted to have another look if I get a chance this week! Yoo colour challenges so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Christine,
    I loved this as soon as I saw it. Perfect for any man, big or little. The pumpkin and eggplant panels balnaced by the chocolate star work so well.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card Christine! I love the striking simplicity of it, but it's fun too :)
    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another one of those colour combos that you (I) wouldn't normally think of, but it works, particularly with the big blocks of colour, so it's not "fussy". Yet another great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cool Christine! I love the stars and the layout is really clever! How cool are these colours! You also have to love easy, quick, look super cards!! Well done!
    SMiles SHArnee :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this! Such a nice, clean design - very nicely played!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine! Very chic card! Thanks for popping by my blog! It was nice to have you visit! Hugs Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete