Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A FEW THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY TODAY

Hi friends

Back from a long weekend away, with my darling boys .... and I was longing to get into my craft room, to make some pretty, girly things!!



First up, though, check out my cool new watch:



Download Dg-sandpiper-chrono



I tried all sorts of angles to take a real-life photo of it, but I am way too challenged in that area.  Couldn't even insert the image I found online, so the link will have to do!  I am such a "red" girl, that this watch jumped out at me when I saw it.  I was in the market for a new watch (my good old faithful one is over 20 years old, still going strong, but looking a little worse for wear), and when I saw this, I had to have it!  It's a Dolce & Gabbana, which I would not normally even consider buying (would rather have heaps of stamps, LOL), but it was waaaaay cheap.  God Bless the internet, and online shopping!!



Now, for the pretty things I've made in my craft room today.  I have devoted this blog to showcasing Stampin' Up! products, but I'm just going to digress a bit for today.  I've hoarded so many papers, stamps and embellishments over the last 14 years of stamping, that I decided to use a few unloved products.  Recently I made a number of paper flowers, using my Scallop Circle punch, and some sheets of text/music papers.  This is a seriously addictive thing to do, people - I had to MAKE myself stop.  Otherwise, my whole craft room would be overtaken by these gorgeous little things.  Anyway, I've made a few cards using the flowers that were sitting in a pile on my desk.

Here are a couple of simple, bolder-coloured ones:



Scalloped flower cards bold



and a few pretty, girly, ones:



Scalloped flower cards - pink & purple




Such fun, and I can't believe I churned out five cards in just over an hour.  One card a day is a great achievement for me, normally.

Right, better get back to the mountains of washing that we have brought home from our mini-holiday .... even being able to be at home to do that, makes me happy.  I am becoming such a home-body as I get older!! 

10 comments:

  1. You have been very productive! Love them all, especially the pink and blue Thinking of you one it is just beautiful colours together, and I love all your cute little flowers.
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and what a achievement, 5 cards in 1 hour.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snazzy watch - mmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Love the cards too, those flowers look fab.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo who's getting all fancy schmancy with their watches then hey?? Very noice. Love those flowers and cards, and if you have any more of them lying around unloved you know where to send them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound wonderfully refreshed Christine. Cool watch and love all those flowers - got some SU brown paper this week to try them out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jillian Hargrave18 June, 2010 00:53

    Hi Christine
    I love your cards and I know what you mean about the flowers being addictive. I felt the same when I nade a heap for a scrapbook page recently and loved doing it! Can you tell me how you made the red one in a little more detail? I am wondering did you brayer the background and mask or is it CS or???? Jillxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, love - didn't use any 'talented techniques' with the red one. It's just plain stamping, with a silhouette stamp! Pretty, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Love your gorgeous flower cards. Now I am not normally one for the softer colours, but they are just divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Christine, you have outdone yourself with these GORGEOUS cards!I love them all...especially the pink ones...surprise, surprise! Glad you've updated your profile pic...that's the Christine I know and love! And your watch is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine, Those cards are beautiful, I especially love the pink ones, haven't made a pink card in forever & you've totally inspired me - & HEY, what about that watch! Stunning! You have fabulous taste XXX

    ReplyDelete