Friday, June 18, 2010

BABY BOY CARDS

I have been asked by a friend to make two cards for newborn little Eli.  I've really enjoyed making them; I don't have cause to make many baby cards these days.



Here's my first (and favourite) card, that hubby, the wonder-judge, has deemed 'imbalanced' - hmm, that seems to be his favourite criticism of my cards!



Baby boy cards 001

Stamps: Nursery Letters jumbo wheel, Starring You, Short & Sweet

Card: Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Whisper White

Ink: Versamark inkpad, Bashful Blue stampin' pad, Barely Banana stampin' pad

Other: Scallop Edge punch, Star punch and Large Star punch, Word Window punch, Lots of Tags sizzlits die (cut using Big Shot), sponge daubers, silver 5/16" brads, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals





I'm also pretty pleased with my other card (especially because it's personalised with an "E", and anything with an initial or monogram - are they one and the same?? - is right up my alley).  Because I made it tonight, I had to photograph it inside .... still, it's come up okay:



Baby boy cards 002

Stamps: Pun Fun, Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Defining Alphabet

Card: Whisper White, Barely Banana

DSP: Sweet Slumber Specialty Designer Series Paper

Ink: Jet Black Staz-on inkpad, Versamark inkpad, Baja Breeze stampin' pad, Barely Banana stampin' pad

Other: Valet Ribbon Originals, sponge daubers, 1" circle punch, 2mm circle punch, Word Window punch, Scallop Edge punch, Baja Breeze corduroy buttons (retired), paper piercing tool, edge distressing tool, dimensionals



Having said that I don't have much cause for baby cards these days, happily I have also to make a little girl baby one!  Congratulations to my friend Renee, and her husband Andrew (although I'm not sure that anyone calls him by his given name!), on the safe arrival of darling little Addison.  Too exciting!!

5 comments:

  1. I love both of them - and Andrew's critique ... can't wait to see one of his cards ... LOL don't you just love new babies :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are lovely Christine, despite Andrew's amateur attempt as a craft critic, as Nikki said can't wait to see his effort!
    Also loving the watch, what with the new blog pic and now the watch, I take it you are going thru a "red' phase.LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genna Gifford18 June, 2010 21:25

    Love those stars - imbalance away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, must agree with everyone else, except your hubby LOL Both cards are just "gorjus" I would CASE both if I needed a baby card! TFS. Cheers Donna Zammit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, if I have a grandson next month can I commission you to make the card?! These are just tooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete