Monday, November 16, 2009

"I WISH" SIMPLY SCRAPPIN' KIT .... CARDS PART 2

After a really lovely Stampin' Up! workshop on Saturday, I was inspired to play a little more with the "I Wish" Simply Scrappin' Kit featured in my last post - hence the rather unimaginative title of my post today!  We creative types can't be creative ALL the time!!

The first card I have to show you, is using the Designer Series Paper from the kit, that co-ordinates beautifully with the Snow Swirled stamp set.  I have stamped (in Versamark ink) a few large snowflakes at the bottom of the card, to subtly tie in with the pattern on the paper.  The main image is simply a stamped sentiment, punched out with a circle punch, matted on some red card and overlaid with a scalloped die-cut sticker from the wonderful kit.  Too easy!

I wish card 3

Stamps: Best Yet (Hostess Set), Snow Swirled

Card: Old Olive, Real Red textured

Ink: Real Red stampin' pad, Versamark ink pad

Other: "I Wish" Simply Scrappin' Kit, Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, white gel pen, 1 3/8" circle punch, sponge dauber



I decided to use Kraft as the base colour for my next card; this alone pretty much guaranteed it'd be a favourite!  Kraft is my 'go-to' colour, for those of you who don't know me so well.  I LOVE how this card turned out; the papers and sticker strips in the kit are so beautiful, and make very easy work of putting together a lovely card.  The only stamping on this card is the sentiment, using a Cute & Curly stamp (from the Curly Label Punch bundle - check that out on the Christmas Extravaganza promotion I told you about, a couple of posts back; it's so cute).  I stamped it in Real Red, on whisper white card, then sponged the edges of the punched-out piece with Sahara Sand ink - complements the kraft colour beautifully.

I wish card 4

Stamps: Cute & Curly

Card: Kraft, Real Red textured

Ink: Real Red, Sahara Sand, Old Olive

Other: "I Wish" Simply Scrappin' Kit, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Old Olive brad, Real Red brads, sponge daubers, stampin' dimensionals

I hope those of you living in the southern states of Australia are surviving this heatwave; thankfully in Melbourne today it's a little cloudy to start the day - so nice to feel some coolness in the air!

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the world today. 

Christine  :)

4 comments:

  1. Love your cards honey - I have this kit and I think I need to drag it out and make something with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards, kraft one my fav,surprisingly! Although as you know kraft is definitely growing on me, (not me personally you understand).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe it took me a year to discover Kraft! Works really well with that kit - thanks for the idea!
    Cheers, Sue

    ReplyDelete