Monday, November 30, 2009

SWEET BIRTHDAY GIFT CARDS

Yes, I do think my little cards are sweet, hee hee, but the title of my post actually refers to a new stamp set that is in the Stampin' Up! Summer Mini catalogue ... only 2 more days until the new products are available to purchase!!  As a demonstrator, I was able to get my hands on a few of the goodies in advance (as you probably already know, from the previous 'sneak peeks' I've posted recently). 

I have put together a little set of birthday gift cards, using an adorable little stamp called Sweet Birthday.  The stamp has a cake image and a greeting, and is only $12.95.  I've used Stampin' Up!'s Love Notes in Whisper White - for $13.50, you get 20 cards (10 each of Whisper White and Very Vanilla) with perfect little matching envelopes.  LOVE these little cards.

I used my Stampin' Write Markers to colour the cake image, picking colours from the Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper.  The colours used are Cameo Coral, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun and Real Red.  Using the matching Stampin' Pads, I inked up the sentiment.  After stamping it a few times (in different colours), I punched it out with the Word Window Punch - the perfect size.

Stampin' Up!'s 1 3/8" Circle Punch fit perfectly around the cake images, which I then layered onto punched out Scallop Circles.

I'm a bit 'challenged' with my photography at the moment, so please forgive the quality of these images!

Here's a little Cameo Coral and Tempting Turquoise number, using Pink Flamingo DSP.  For a bit of 'interest' I pierced a hole in each scallop of the scallop circle layer.

Coral,turquoise cake gift card

I made a few other little cards with the same layout.  I've used Tempting Turquoise 1/4" grosgrain ribbon on one; stamped stars (from Starring You stamp set) in Versamark on the Real Red background of another; and used dimensionals to raise the main image on most of the cards.  As well as Pink Flamingo DSP, I have used Good Morning Sunshine DSP (the yellow 'dotty' panel).  Hope you like them!

Cake gift cards

I think the size of this little cake, and the gorgeous accompanying sentiment (don't you love that font?), is just right for gift cards.  I can see myself making LOTS of these!  Only 2 days to go, people!! (I hope you're almost as excited as I am!!)

4 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Cute, versatile little cake stamp, more great colour combos, and clever matching of the little plate with the shape of the scallop circle! "Sweet" indeed :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a adorable creativity and best birthday gift, I love this greeting, this layouts are best for design birthday greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birthday card looking excellent. I attract by that. Every thing looking beautiful and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all handmade birthday card is looks really nice, i am so glad to receive these type of creative work from you.

    ReplyDelete