Saturday, May 9, 2009

Love Notes

After a few days' absence, I'm back with a couple of cards - little cuties.  Stampin' Up! has tiny cards called Love Notes, which measure 7.5cm (3") square.  Each pack contains cards and adorable matching envelopes in Whisper White and Very Vanilla (10 each).  I have had a play with them tonight, and here's what I came up with:

Love notes,envies

I really enjoyed making some mini creations for a change; these cards are very sweet.  They would make beautiful gift cards, or hand-delivered gifts - I don't think Australia Post could be trusted to safely deliver such little mail items.  I have photographed each of the cards individually, so you can see the details a little clearer.

I wanted to keep this first card fairly simple, and love the crisp Basic Gray stamped image (looks more 'blurry' than 'crisp' in the photo, but I assure you it's better in real life!).  I paper-pieced the bird, from the Friends 24-7 set, by stamping it in Basic Gray ink on Baja Breeze paper from the Urban Garden pack. I cut the bird out and popped it up on dimensionals, over the image I'd stamped on Whisper White card.  This paper is so pretty; I am in LOVE with the colour. (Well, it's fair to say that I love most of Stampin' Up!'s colours, really!  This year's "in colours" are pretty special, though.) My little card is finished off with a couple of silver brads from Stampin' Up!'s Vintage Brad selection (great assortment of silver, black, pewter and antique brass brads).

White,baja love note

Stamps: Friends 24-7, Short & Sweet

Card: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze

DSP: Urban Garden

Ink: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze

Other: Word Window Punch, silver brads, dimensionals, sponge dauber



Next up is my Very Vanilla card, with Bella Bleu and Kraft accents.  I make no secret of my obsession with kraft-coloured card - the matching taffeta ribbon is beautiful, and now I have a Sahara Sand stampin' pad, I am in heaven!  The ink colour goes so well with kraft card.  I'm one very happy girl!  I used Pocket Silhouettes stamps only on this card; the main image (and pattern on the butterfly), and the sentiment are from the same set.  It's a beautiful little stamp set, which I can see myself using a lot. The size of the image is perfect for a card this size.

Vanilla, bleu love note

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes

Card: Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, kraft

DSP: Bella Bleu

Ink: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy

Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Build-A-Brad, 1/2" circle punch, kraft taffeta ribbon, sponge dauber, mini glue dots, butterfly punch (non-SU)



I would insert some witty banter here, but I am very tired (was out until the wee hours of this morning at stamp group, laughing and creating with my lovely friends at Claire's house!).  Claire has very graciously (LOL) shown me how to link to her blog in my sidebar!  Just waiting for the favour to be returned now, number 3 demonstrator! 

Thanks for visiting, and to my lovely friends (new and old) who visit my blog and leave comments, I love you!  It really brightens my day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christine. What a delight it was to meet you in person on Thursday. You are just as lovely in "real life" as you are in blog-land. Will definitely have to organise a social get-together on one of your "home" days. Talk soon. Love Anita. xxx PS. Glad you liked the brooch card. :) The cards in this post are just lovely. What a great mix of colours.... nice and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine! I didn't know you had a blog! A belated welcome to blogland from me. LOVE your cards, have been busy browsing back through posts. You've made me want to bust open my Fifth Avenue Floral set - so many nice ones with that. Love the one you did in orange and greens. Cheers, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhh loving these ones. So cool you're blogging and sharing wonderful you with the world :)

    ReplyDelete