Tuesday, May 19, 2009

FLIGHT OF THE BUTTERFLY

Last week, as I was eagerly awaiting delivery of my new Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, I found a card on Splitcoaststampers (an online stampers' community) that took my breath away.  I had been imagining only soft, 'girly', colours when I envisaged using this set, but saw a black & kraft card made by Renee Van Stralen. 

I have used Renee's layout, but changed the colours around.  Even though it was the dark colours that initially drew me to her card, I ended up using Bella Bleu papers, and yummy vanilla and kraft colours.  Brocade Blue is a surprise favourite of mine at the moment; I am not normally a big user of blue, but I am really happy with the way this card has turned out.  Thanks for the inspiration, Renee!

Kraft,blue flight of butterfly

Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Pocket Silhouettes, Best Yet

Card: Kraft, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla

DSP: Bella Bleu

Ink: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy and Brocade Blue stampin' pads

Other: Kraft and Vanilla taffeta ribbon, mini glue dots, Build-A-Brad, stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals.



I hope to fit in much more creative time this week (some of the load has been lifted from me at work), so will be back with more cards soon!

2 comments:

  1. That's just gorgeous Christine. Those colours are so beautiful together. I MUST get Pocket Silhouettes now - after Sue's card and your card it must be a sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful colour/design combination! I haven't been a fan of using lightweight ribbons to date, but those taffeta ribbbons look just gorgeous. Oh dear ... more things to add to the wish-list! BTW, if you keep on at this pace, you'll have to get another set of build-a-brads before long. They're so versatile, aren't they (where's that wish-list?).

    ReplyDelete