Monday, May 18, 2009

BOYS, BOYS, BOYS......

Sorry, ladies, but the photos in this post are probably not what you were imagining, from today's title!  I have a couple of birthday cards for men to show you.  Ha ha.  PLUS ......drumroll, please......I have a scrapbook page to post!!!  This is noteworthy, because I am a cardmaker, and have only dabbled verrrrry briefly with scrapbooking.

Work has been more than a little challenging this past week, and I have not even set foot in my craft room - other than to open the door, switch the light on to check that all is okay and is still there waiting for me, turn off the light and leave.  I have done this a few times.  Sad, isn't it?!  My little family and I have been away at our cabin for a couple of nights, to reconnect, and recharge our batteries.  We really needed that; it was lovely.  Now we are back home, and I have mountains of washing to contend with.  While the machine is churning away, I have managed to have a little play, and decided that it's high time I shared my male-oriented creations.

First up, here is a simple birthday card that I think would be particularly suitable for a man (no flowers or pink in sight).  I have used ribbon, but as a simple accent to complement the card's colour scheme.  A couple of jumbo pewter eyelets help to give the card a masculine feel.

Spotty bday card

Stamps: Seeing Spots, Upsy Daisy (sentiment)

Ink: Versamark, Old Olive, Jet Black Stazon, Whisper White craft ink

Card: Whisper White, Basic Black, Old Olive

Other: Crop-A-Dile, Pewter Jumbo Eyelets, White Embossing Powder, Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Old Olive and Basic Black 1/4" grosgrain ribbon



My next card is one I have sent to my brother for his birthday.  I think it's safe to assume that he won't be looking at my blog.  I have used my much-loved Trendy Trees set, and my new favourite jumbo eyelets on this one.  All the other details follow th photo:

Mark bday card

Stamps: Trendy Trees, On Your Birthday

DSP: Good Morning Sunshine

Card: Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango

Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango

Other: Crop-A-Dile, Pewter Jumbo Eyelets, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, wide oval punch, edge distresser, sponge daubers, brads (non-SU)



Okay, so now I am going to be brave and share my scrapbook page.  I have had a photo of Jack (who is now in his second year at high school) that I have wanted to scrap, but hadn't got around to. It was taken on the night of his graduation from primary school - a very emotional time for me!  He felt very grown up, but I was grieving the loss of his truly innocent days, and the changes that were about to take place with his friendships.  (His closest friends were to go on to different high schools to the one Jack would be attending.) Everything on this page is Stampin' Up!, except for the lined paper I stole from my other son's school book. (It's okay, he had to remove a page, so I just used some of the unwanted paper - just wanted to add this disclaimer in case any teachers are reading!)  I set myself the challenge of using no designer papers - just cardstock, stamps and punches (and, boy, did I use a few of these!), with a couple of other embellishments.  Here is my handsome boy ....

Jack grade 6

Stamps: Classic Stars Jumbo Wheel, Best Yet, Season of Joy (just the letter "j")

Ink: Basic Black stampin' pad and marker, Real Red stampin' pad and marker

Card: Basic Black textured 12x12, Whisper White (textured and smooth), Not Quite Navy, Kraft, Real Red

Other: Round Tab Punch, Curly Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Spiral Punch, Crop-A-Dile, Pewter Jumbo Eyelets, black brads (from Vintage brad assortment), SNAIL adhesive



It's good to be able to post on my blog again, after what feels like a looooooong absence.  I am hoping to fit in some more 'play' time this coming week, as I have new stamps (YIPPEE!!) - will be back to share when I've made something.  Hope you all have a great week.  

Christine :)

3 comments:

  1. You didn't waste any time getting that star jumbo wheel and using it, did you? What a good looking lad, takes after his Mother obviously!!!He does look very grown up in that picture, I thought he was about 14 until I read when it was taken. Wonderful cards too. I will see you Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry bet me to it; I was going to comment on what a handsome boy you have (although I'm sure it's because he takes after his Aunty!).
    The masculine cards are just luffly - or a masculine equivalent thereof. Great colours, and those jumbo eyelets do lend themselves awfully well to "manly" things, don't they? You're also so clever with your ribbons. I'll have to shamelessly rip off your ideas ... er .... I mean "case" them ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi you didn't tell me you had SCRAPBOOKED!! I would have cracked out the champers when you popped in to get your ribbons had I known! Go you. Loving those boy cards and hoping you get lots of time in your craft room this week :)

    ReplyDelete