Friday, May 27, 2016

JAI #313: STAMPIN' UP! MASCULINE BIRTHDAY CARD

I've gone all out for this week's Just Add Ink challenge!  Tina has challenged us to "Just Add B" to a papercraft project.  Well, after some major brainstorming of "B" elements, I narrowed it down to six to cram onto one card!  (I guess you might even say seven, if counting the fact that it's a birthday card.)

I have made a blue and black birthday card for my brother, featuring a balloon stamped with the Baby Wipe technique - and punched the sentiment using the new Duet Banner punch!  There were a few other things I could have added, but decided that would be just showing off.

The placement of the sentiment is a bit unusual for me, but a lovely big black ink smudge dictated that it was to go in the top right corner.  (I'd gone too far with the making of the card, to start it all again!)  I quite like it; might use this layout again.

Here's my "chock full of B" card:




Don't you think the balloon looks a bit "galactic"?  I decided it needed a bit of shimmer and sparkle, so painted over it with my Clear Wink of Stella pen.




Listed below are all the current Stampin' Up! products used to make this card.  The sentiment was created using the yet-to-be-released Confetti Celebration and Thoughtful Banners stamp sets, and Duet Banner punch, so I can't link to those in my online store (until 1st June - not long now).  Similarly, Dapper Denim ink (refill and Stampin' Pad), cardstock and ruched ribbon were used, but don't show below.

Here are the colours I used on this card:



Make sure you check out all the fun the Design Team had with this week's Just Add Ink challenge.  We'd love to see what "B" you add to your card or scrapbook page, so don't forget to link up your creation at the Just Add Ink site.




Product List
Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Ink Refill
Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Ink Refill
[109121]
$4.95
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00
Big Shot
[113439]
$169.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$9.00

5 comments:

  1. Your intro cracked me up big time Christine - I love that you included so many B elements! The fab baby wipe effect really does give the balloon a galactic feel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Christine you really have added lots of B's to your project! I bet your brother will love this card and all the time you've put into making it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous male card Christine and I too am sure your brother will love it! Your balloon is amazing with the effect of the colours and the shimmer and I love how the Confetti EF frames it all beautifully too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card, Christine, and that balloon definitely does look like a galaxy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems there has been a bit of a competition on getting the most B's onto projects this week, lol. Between you and Di you've got us covered. A great card for your brother, I'm sure he'll love it. x

    ReplyDelete