Friday, April 25, 2014

JAI #212: STAMPIN' UP! EVERYTHING ELEANOR

Our challenge at Just Add Ink this week is my favourite kind - a colour challenge.  Delys chose this awesome colour combination for us to use on a card or other papercraft project:




I decided that I wanted my card to be mainly about the neutrals, with pops of gorgeous, vibrant,  Bermuda Bay.

On my Very Vanilla panel, I used Crumb Cake ink to stamp (second-generation, or "stamped off") Dictionary, and the flourish from Everything Eleanor.  I then used a die-cut Hexagon Hive piece of card as a stencil, and lightly sponged hexagons over the top of my stamped images.





Stamps: Dictionary, Everything Eleanor, Petite Pairs
Card: Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla, Bermuda Bay
Ink: Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar and Bermuda Bay stampin' pads
Other: Large Oval punch, paper snips, Blender Pen. Baked Brown Sugar stretch ruffle trim, Bermuda Bay 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Large Scallop thinlits die, Delicate Designs embossing folder, sponge dauber, Basic Pearls, Itty Bitty Shapes punch, sticky strip
 
 
The rest of the Design Team have come up with some gorgeous creations using this colour scheme - you can check them out here.  Won't you play along with us, too?  We'd love to see what you make.
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. I do like how used the Bermuda Bay as and accent colour - makes that pretty flower really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage feel to this card Christine - all the swirls and fancy shapes are lovely. Your background stamping is fabulous. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, this is positively 'scrumptious', Christine. Very vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bermuda pops look gorgeous Christine and so does that lovely vintagey background. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design you made with the flourish on top of the dictionary stamp - it looks beautiful! The color "pop" is perfect as well. I also like how you tucked the sentiment oval in by the flower - such a great idea. Another lovely card, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! This is so beautiful and vintagey Christine! Your background is just perfect and your flower from Everything Eleanor looks fab in Bermuda Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage look of this card and the touch of Bermuda Bay really sets it off. Beautiful work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the use of this colour challenge on your beautiful vintage card Chris. Everything Eleanor is also a favourite stamp set of mine, but one I don't actually use enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely missed the sponging over your hive 'template' - very discreet and fits perfectly with your vintage style card. Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete