Friday, March 4, 2011

CURTAIN CALL #71 - GREENHOUSE GARDEN GET WELL CARD

I've had lots of stamping time this week (bliss!), but have been hopelessly disorganised with all the challenges I'd intended to take part in!

Thankfully, I haven't missed the cut-off for the Curtain Call Color Challenge {Act 71}.  This is the colour combination Stacey challenged us all to use on our papercraft project this week:



It is now officially Autumn in Melbourne, although it feels a bit more like winter today!  These are gorgeous autumn-y (or should I say "autumnal") colours, aren't they?  I do have flora, but not foliage, on my card! 

This is the first time I've inked up my new Greenhouse Garden stamp set.  Love, love, LOVE this set, and I've been hankering after it for a long time; I finally treated myself recently, and think the flowers (gerberas?) look fabulous stamped in So Saffron, with More Mustard detail.  What do you think?


Stamps: Greenhouse Garden, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
DSP: More Mustard Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake, So Saffron, More Mustard and Cherry Cobbler stampin' pads
Other: Word Window punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Cherry Cobbler and More Mustard brads (from Regals assortment), So Saffron brad (from Subtles assortment), Mat pack and paper piercing tool, sponge dauber

6 comments:

  1. Holy Cow!!! I have no idea how I missed this gorgeous card christine, but I TOTALLY love it! I love that stamp set too!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely say "autumnal", one of my Mother's favourite sayings. I grew up listening to her talk about the autumnal hues, maybe it was this that influenced my love of all things leaf like and the fabulous colours of autumn, my favourite time of year. Having rambled on, now to the matter at hand, great card, I too love that set, must get it inky again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you are a clever girl!!! This is beautiful.
    What a job you have done on those flowers.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab fab fab use of the colours!! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, the colours look great.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. To think I hadn't given this set a second glance - thanks for the gorgeous inspiration Christine! Beautiful card - I really like the structured, symmetrical lines of the card with the random stamping of the flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete