Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"EXTREME ELEMENTS" - yes, more!

On the weekend I had friends over for a stamping session, so we could all escape the AFL Grand Final (apologies to football lovers, LOL).  It was a great afternoon, and Judy even stretched WAY out of her pink, girly, floral comfort zone to make a great card using Extreme Elements - click on Judy's name to check it out!

I wasn't very productive while the girls were here, but afterwards I had a play with Extreme Elements, as I wanted to try out a girl's card using these stamps.  I still wanted it to be a bit edgy and grungy, so I turned to my new Color Coach (a 'swatch' collection of all Stampin' Up!'s colours) for inspiration.  The Color Coach is a fantastic tool; it contains heaps of suggested colour combinations that you might never think to use.  Like this one - Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant, and Old Olive.  Take a look, and tell me what you think! 


Stamps: Extreme Elements, A to Z, Perfect Punches
Card: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Ink: Melon Mambo stampin' pad and marker, Elegant Eggplant stampin' pad and marker, Old Olive and Crumb Cake stampin' pads
Other: Wide Oval punch, stampin' dimensionals, sponge daubers, edge distressing tool, Basic Rhinestones, Colour Spritzer tool



Ethan (10) 'went to town' with my Extreme Elements stamps, and sheets of Whisper White card, to make up a number of 'one sheet wonders' that he says he'll make into cards.  (It's more likely that, like his mother, he'll stash them away to use one day, and won't get around to doing anything with them!)  He wanted me to share with you the two cards he made on the weekend.  I especially like the Cherry Cobbler one.



Right, I really must go and make some cards with stamp sets other than Extreme Elements!

10 comments:

  1. I love Ethan's cards! I think his red one is my favourite. Your girl one looks good too :) That colour combo looks great with that stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lov them all, Tell Ethan his cards look FAB.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards Ethan! Think you might have to tell Mum you need your own personal watermark to display your work! :) Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Your grungy girl card works perfectly Christine & these colours sit really well together! Love what you have been doing with these stamps & I am looking forward to getting my own set to play with (you made me buy it!!!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to Ethan...you could give up cricket and take up stamping...your cards are brilliant!
    Note to Christine...I wish I'd come to your house to stamp instead of going to the Grand Final :(
    Love your card...you have almost convinced me to buy that set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME JOB ETHAN!! Your cards are fabo mate!
    And Christine - I just LOVE your girly version - me thinks I will CASE! lol

    Luv Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun fun fun! LOVE this, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab job on your cards, Ethan! I love the colour combo for the girly version Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your girly extreme elements card Christine! I can't wait to get this set :) And tell Ethan his cards are fantastic! He has a great eye for colour too. Must get it from his mum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine the Girly Grunge & colour combo are fantasmagorical. I may have to pop this set on my wish list!
    Ethan your cards are "Sick"!
    Cheers Donna Zammit

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK! So now I am definately sold on that stamp set! lol! This is another fabulous creation of yours!

    ReplyDelete