Thursday, May 21, 2009

One "male" card, and one decidedly pink one!

The other day I posted a photo of the card I'd made for my brother, Mark.  Today I have another Trendy Trees card to show you; I made this for my other brother, Dean, whose birthday is in a few days.  Yay me - actually getting a card made and posted BEFORE the event!  So, my brothers' birthdays are only a week apart; but, hey, my sister's and my birthdays are only a DAY apart!  Mum and Dad must have wanted to cut down on birthday party costs by combining for our entire childhood; precision planning on their part, don't you think?

I am really pleased with this card.  Started off not knowing what I was going to make, but once I'd chosen the colour scheme (Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss and Not Quite Navy) it all came together quite smoothly.  The Urban Garden paper, and the fantastic Trendy Trees and jumbo eyelets, made it easy - love all those elements (just in case you hadn't noticed!).  Loving these colours; they are great for guys' cards, don't you think?

Dean bday card

Stamps: Trendy Trees, Occasional Greetings, Linen background (retired)

Card: Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White

DSP: Urban Garden

Ink: Basic Gray, Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss, White craft

Other: Crop-A-Dile, pewter jumbo eyelets, Kiwi Kiss 5/8" striped grosgrain ribbon, stamp-a-ma-jig, edge distresser, sponge dauber, dimensionals



The photo on that card is a bit dark (I always leave it until night-time to remember to photograph my cards, but hey you can see it alright).  Nothing dark about this next one - a little over-the-top pink number. 

I got the Fast Flowers wheel with my starter kit, and wasn't sure how I wanted to use it, but realised it is designed to co-ordinate with Fun & Fast Notes (a great collection of cute images and sentiments).  I used the wheel to create the little pink panel on which the bird is mounted -  see how the cute little flowers complement the flower in the bird's mouth?  Sweet.  I paper-pieced the bird, by first stamping her (has to be a girl, with that colouring!) in Basic Gray on Whisper White card, then stamping again in Basic Gray on Bella Rose paper.  I stuck the cut-out paper version onto the card; love this easy technique that saves colouring in! I have used the same Designer Series Paper in the background.  Anyway, enough talking - here's the card:

Pink gray bird card

Stamps: Fast Flowers wheel, Fun & Fast Notes, Pocket Silhouettes (sentiment), Cute & Curly, Weathered background

Card: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette

DSP: Bella Rose

Ink: Pretty in Pink, Basic Gray, White craft, Certainly Celery

Other: Pink Pirouette 5/8" striped grosgrain ribbon, curly label punch, rectangle nestabilities, mini glue dots, flat-back pearls (from Pretties Kit), dimensionals, aquapainter



That's it for today, folks - hope you like them!  I had a lot of fun making them (especially the 'boy' one, I have to say, because sometimes male cards can be a bit tricky, can't they?  I get a bit tired of the fishing and tool themes.)  I am feeling a bit under the weather, with a cold (thanks darling son for sharing those germs around), but plan to have a couple of early nights so that I am in fine form for a big stamping night with my lovely friends on Friday night - can't wait!

'Til next time - thanks for visiting, and I love reading your comments, my lovely friends :)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely creations my friend :) Love the male card in particular! Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such nice finishing touches on your cards. Cheers, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the pink card. Love how it is all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the Trendy Trees card Christine. I agonise over every male card I make. Will have to CASE this one and keep it in my stash for when I'm given half an hours notice that a male birthday card is required :)
    Judy x.

    ReplyDelete