Wednesday, November 4, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! POSTED FOR YOU FOR COLOR HUES #5

Today I'm joining in the colour challenge at Color Hues, for the first time.  I love this colour combination, and try as I might to not tend towards florals, I've made a floral card!


I had previously used only the sweet bird image from Posted For You, so challenged myself to use the two stamps with flowers.  I have paired one (the coloured focal image) with the Rectangular Postage Stamp punch, and have repeatedly stamped the other, in Crumb Cake ink, on the woodgrain patterned paper in the card's background.



I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the flowers and leaves on Whisper White card.  After colouring them with Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends, I punched out the images.  I adhered one above the other, on some Daffodil Delight Designer Series Paper (with a thin mat of Daffodil Delight card behind), and tied Linen Thread around the middle.

The rhinestones in the flower centres were coloured with the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends marker, and the whole panel is raised up on Stampin' Dimensionals.


This photo shows the stamping on the background paper.  I inked up the "Love" stamp in Crumb Cake ink, stamped off onto scrap paper, then onto the DSP, each time, to give a subtle impression.

The sweet scalloped borders below the sentiment strip were cut with a Stitched Be Mine Die, in both Crumb Cake and Daffodil Delight card.


Listed below are all the Stampin' Up! products I used to make this card.  They are available to purchase from my online store, if you live in Australia.  To get to my store, just click on any of the thumbnail images below.



 

Product List

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! So much detail! Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combo of stamps, Christine! Just love what you did with the Color Hues combo - spotted your beautiful card there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - saw it on Color Hues also. Love your stamped background paper and those lovely colored flowers. Great design. Thanks for sharing it at Color Hues. JoAnn, GD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine,
    You've combined the elements beautifully on your card! I love the subtle images stamped on the woodgrain background and the flowers that look so pretty in yellow and kraft hues. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete