Thursday, November 26, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! GARDEN WISHES SNEAK PEEK

 A few weeks ago I attended Stampin' Up!'s OnStage@Home virtual event, which replaced the annual in-person events normally held.  Those of us who registered for this event were able to exclusively pre-order a range of products from the upcoming January - June 2021 Mini Catalogue.  Because the products are not available for customers to buy until January (unless you sign up as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, in which case, you can get them in December!), I am trying to hold off sharing too much.  I am, however, having a lovely time playing with new goodies, so you might just see more more sneak peeks in the coming weeks.

Today's creation came about as a personal challenge to use Merry Merlot again, after last night's Colour Creations Showcase.  I have used a bit of creative licence, and coloured my dandelions, from the yet-to-be-released Garden Wishes bundle, in Merry Merlot.  The dandelions were stamped in StazOn Jet Black ink on Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, and watercoloured using Merry Merlot and Mossy Meadow inks.


This close-up shows a little better the die-cut dandelions, and grass behind:



The Merry Merlot horizontal strip grounding the dandelions, and the tab at the top of the card, were created using Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.  I first applied a few layers of watercolour wash, in Merry Merlot ink, to get a good colour saturation.  When the paper was dry, I ran it through the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder (an AMAZING folder, being released in January) that I had applied Merry Merlot ink to, by swiping my inkpad across the inside of the folder.  The tab is a piece of this coloured, textured, paper, cropped on one end with the Lovely Labels punch.  I added a Very Vanilla heart, cut using the Birds & More dies, and a few Basic Pearls.  I also embossed the Very Vanilla background with the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder.


The Mossy Meadow patterned paper at the bottom of my card is from the new Dandy Garden Designer Series Paper pack, which will be out in January - as will the Mossy Meadow Braided Linen Trim I've used.  The sentiment, stamped in Merry Merlot ink on a strip of Very Vanilla card, is from the Many Messages bundle (it is awesome!).




No comments:

Post a Comment