Thursday, November 5, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! BLACK AND METALLIC BIRTHDAY CARD

I dreamt up a card (do you ever do that?), that I just had to make ... using gold and silver embossing on black card.  My original plan was to emboss overlapping squares all over the card front, but as it evolved I added stars cut from Gold Foil Sheet and Silver Foil Sheet.  It's a simple card to make, but quite striking, don't you think?  I had to resist the urge to add ribbon or gems.  The simpler design gets a tick of approval from my 20-year-old son!




Here's a close up of the luscious, shiny, heat embossed squares, and the foil stars.  




To get a nice, dark black, impression of the sentiment, and shiny finish, I used my long-retired Basic Black Craft Stampin' Pad (even after several years, it remains juicy!), and clear embossing powder.  The sentiment is on Whisper White card, cropped with a Stitched Rectangle die, and backed with a mat of Silver Foil Sheet.



Listed below are the current products I used to make this card.  They are available to purchase from my online store, if you live in Australia.





Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

No comments:

Post a Comment