Saturday, May 2, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! SEASIDE NOTIONS IN BLUES

Today's card evolved from a panel of Whisper White card on which I had blended three of Stampin' Up!'s blue ink colours.  I've recently bought some blending brushes, and am in the experimental stage; I'm quite happy with my first attempt!  I sponged the bottom third of the panel with Seaside Spray, the middle third with Blueberry Bushel (it's about to retire, so I thought I should use that colour), and the top third with Night of Navy.

After applying the inks, I subtly flicked some water from my aquapainter ... but was a little too light-handed, as that barely shows!  I then stamped images from Seaside Notions onto the inked panel, using the same blues as the background.  Finally, I embossed the piece with the High Seas 3D embossing folder.

I really like the seaweed cut from three different papers, and I think the rope die-cut (from Smooth Sailing dies) is a great finishing touch.  I added a Linen Thread knot on top.




Here's a closer view of the background, so you can see a little of the High Seas embossing folder waves effect:



Listed below are all the Stampin' Up! products I used to make this card.  They are available to purchase from my online store, which can be reached by clicking on any of the thumbnail images below.

Tomorrow I'll have another card to show you, with an ink blended background.


Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$17.00

No comments:

Post a Comment