Sunday, May 8, 2016

STAMPIN' UP! REMARKABLE YOU, FOR MOTHERS' DAY

In deciding my design for the Mothers' Day cards I made this year, I was inspired by a couple of my favourite card makers.  Sandi MacIver often uses pinks and yellows on her flowers (and her watercolouring is to die for!); and Paula Dobson reminded me with this spectacular card, that I own the Remarkable You stamp set.

Here is the card that I made for my Mum ... and was so happy with, I also made for my mother-in-law.  I had a lot of fun getting inky, and was very pleased to discover that not even Melon Mambo ink will stain my lovely new Organic White Caesarstone benchtops!  Phew.




I realised, "after the fact", that I had stamped my flowers and leaves with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I would not recommend doing this, if you're planning to watercolour, folks!  The ink does bleed (well, because it's not designed to be waterfast).  I meant to stamp in Basic Black Archival ink, but will pretend for the purpose of this post that I wanted a more "arty", unstructured look!

The vellum I used was a Sale-A-Bration freebie, but all other current products are listed below.  You can get them for yourself from my online store, by simply clicking on one of the thumbnails.

Happy Mothers' Day, to all who celebrate this day.  My boys have absolved me of the usual dishes and dog duties that fall to Mum, and they're taking me out for dinner shortly.  We spent the afternoon visiting my and my husband's Mums, so a lovely family day all round.

Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$169.00
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$9.00

No comments:

Post a Comment