Friday, May 13, 2016

JAI #311: STAMPIN' UP! PETITE PETALS IN SWEET SUGARPLUM



This week's challenge at Just Add Ink, courtesy of Nikki, is to Just Add ... Masking.

I have used this technique in its simplest form.  I die-cut a Deco Label (these framelits retire at the end of the month .. boo hoo!), and used temporary adhesive to secure a strip of cardstock across the middle.  With the mask in place, I stamped various flowers from my neglected Petite Petals stamp set, using Sweet Sugarplum (one of the beautiful new In Colors, being released 1st June), Rich Razzleberry and Basic Black inks.  I removed the strip of card, and stamped the sentiment in the masked-off area. 




The spotty background paper is from the super-cute Playful Palette Designer Series Paper stack, being released on 1st June.  I stamped and punched out a few Sweet Sugarplum flowers, adhered them to the outer edge of the die-cut panel, and painted the petals with clear Wink of Stella (which you should be able to see in the pic at the top of my post).

I can't link to the not-yet-released products in my online store yet (add them to your wishlist for 1st June!), but I have listed below the current Stampin' Up! products I used.

Make sure you check out the gorgeous creations of the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team.


Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$169.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$9.00

5 comments:

  1. Pretty card Christine, I love the new sweet sugar plum colour, I like the way you have the cut out in the middle of the card with those petite flower showing through and the others on top, Cheers Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the flowers fill up your card Christine and how the masking creates that gentle parting that is perfectly filled by the sentiment. Love your mix of Sugarplum, Razzleberry and Black too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the colour and variations in your cluster of flowers is gorgeous Christine! Such a beautiful way to showcase them over the pretty DSP too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh so nice to see some new colours being used Christine. I love how your masked edge is rustic to match the flowers. Chantell x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine. Masking the space really helped the sentiment stand out from the pretty cluster of flowers. I love the colour combo... & of course that sweet sugarplum.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete