Friday, January 30, 2015

JAI #248: STAMPIN' UP! PETAL POTPOURRI

Kim has set an awesome colour challenge for us, at Just Add Ink this week.




I have inked up my new Petal Potpourri stamp set for the first time.  This set was a "must have" for me, as it co-ordinates with the new Flower Medallion punch.  I'm a sucker for any stamp set that goes with a punch or framelits!

Thanks to the release, in the Occasions Catalogue, of the gorgeous Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper, I have a new-found love for Sahara Sand.   How pretty is the paper that forms the backdrop for my lacy flowers?



The Night of Navy ink is rather dark, stamped onto the matching cardstock, but in real life the detail of the stamp is a bit clearer!  I wanted a dark navy button to anchor my sentiment, but the closest coloured button in the Regals assortment is Island Indigo.  I used my darkest Night of Navy Blendabilities marker to colour the button - yielding a really interesting result!  In certain light, the button does look navy, yet in other light it picks up the burgundy tones of the Rich Razzleberry flower it's against.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's creations using this beautiful colour combination.  We would love to see what you make, too, so don't forget to link up your project over at Just Add Ink!

Listed below are all the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card. (It wasn't until I went to list them, that I realised Pool Party seam binding ribbon is retired ... you could substitute Soft Sky seam binding, as it is very close in colour.) You can purchase any of them from my online store, simply by clicking on an image below.



Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$149.95
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.95

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Christine! I agree, I NEED any matching products - it makes creating so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that background paper is stunning, can totally see why you love it!! Gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of that lacy looking goodness my friend, it is gorgeous! You rocked this colour challenge xx

    ReplyDelete