Friday, October 3, 2014

JAI #234: JUST ADD BABY

At Just Add Ink this week, Trish has set the challenge to "Just Add Baby" - as she is about to become a Mama for the first time!  How lovely; I remember those glorious days of anticipating the arrival of my first bub.  (Amazing, really, since I can barely remember what I did last weekend!)

Here's my girl-baby creation, using Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake:


I photographed my card in poor light, so you probably can't tell, but I used the "kissing" technique on the pram (baby carriage).  I inked it up first in Blushing Bride ink, then "kissed" the inked stamp against the I Love Lace stamp that was inked in Crumb Cake.  It's a subtle, muted effect.  Can you see the little booties dangling from the ribbon? 

Here are the products I used to make this card:


 
 
You must visit the Just Add Ink site to see the gorgeous baby creations made by the rest of the Design Team - just adorable!  We hope you'll join in the fun, and link up your card/scrapbook page/other papercraft item with a baby theme, too.
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. That is such a soft sweet card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet and delicate card - love your use of the lace background.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine this is a very sweet baby card! I love the background stamp that you've used too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful Christine, a perfect vintagey baby card! Love the muted tones too, just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine, this card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Christine, that Lace b/g stamp is perfect (and now I think I must have it). Cute little booties as part of your embellishing xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine - this card is adorable ~ the colours are so delicate and I think that the button on top of the flower on the top of the pram is terrific! The perfect finishing touch. Very inspiring card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful baby card Christine, the soft tones are just perfect for a baby girl .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too adorable Christine. Love the soft, baby-ness of this card! xo

    ReplyDelete