Wednesday, January 30, 2013

S.A. #3 : STAMPIN' UP!'S "HELLO, DOILY" THANK YOU CARD

I don't quite know where January has disappeared to .... I've been meaning for weeks to play along with the Still AddInktive Challenges, and already they're up to week 5!

This week's colour combo was a good challenge for me.  Take a look:





I have inked up my new Hello, Doily stamp that I received for Christmas (it's great having crafty friends who know just what to get me!).  I used Versamark ink to stamp the image on Pink Pirouette cardstock, then melted clear embossing powder over the ink, to give a subtle, shadowy look.

 
 
Once the card was assembled, I spritzed it with Frost White shimmer spray:
 
 
 


Stamps: Hello, Doily; Itty Bitty Banners
Card: Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
DSP: River Rock Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Pink Pirouette stampin' pad and marker, Soft Suede stampin' pad and marker, River Rock stampin' pad
Other: Clear embossing powder, 1 1/4" and 7/8" Scallop Circle punches, Bitty Banners framelits, Fashionable Hearts embosslits, sponge daubers, Pink Pirouette taffeta ribbon, Finishing Touches edgelits, Twitterpated button (retired), glue dots, Frost White shimmer paint mixed with Isocol, Stampin' Distress Tool
 
 
 


15 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Christine. I love the way you've used the Doily stamp. What a wonderful present! I'm sure they will be so happy they bought it for you when they see what you've created with it.
    I'm so glad you could play with us at still addINKtive this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Christine! The layout is so sweet & delicate, & then you show off all that beautiful sparkle & sheen! Absolutely fabulous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's lovely! One of my favourite stamps that's still sitting on my wishlist. Also loving the embossing. Having a bit of a love affair with that myself lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so pretty, full of shimmery goodness and I love the distressed edges and cute lacy border. It's lovely that you could joint us at s.a. Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is such a pretty feminine card - love that little embellished scallop/heart/button. Super pretty colour combo too!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like what you did with the colors Christine. Such a beautiful card. Love the little heart in then center. Thanks for joining us this week at stillADDinktive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Christine. It's so soft and feminine. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful, feminine card! I love the simple layout with all of the lovely details. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is so delicate Christine - love it.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. These colours are so soft and pretty Christine - lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...this is delightful Christine, such a pretty and feminine card with all of that pretty sparkle. Love the little heart & Banner embellishment.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card Christine, so very pretty, love every detail. Thanks for playing this week at Still addINKtive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh YAY!!! YOu are a top pick lovely lady! SO worth it to, how amazing is this incredibly girlie card! love all the details you've added to this Christine! SO pretty!!
    Congrat's and well done!
    SMiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you have put the Doily stamp to use for this gorgeous card, Christine. The sentiment is so cute.

    ReplyDelete