Sunday, September 23, 2012

DD#21: STAMPIN' UP!'S PERFECTLY PRESERVED

It has been WAY too long since I played along with the gorgeous colour challenges at Dynamic Duos.  Time to rectify that!

Check out this week's colour challenge:






This was one challenge I just had to enter, because Certainly Celery is one of the few Stampin' Up! colours that I hardly ever use.  I am a lover of greens, but as a general comment, I find Certainly Celery to be a bit 'washed out' for my liking.

These colours made me think of Granny Smith apples.  Maybe because I had my Perfectly Preserved stamp set on my desk, I had apples on my mind!  Here's what I came up with (using the "rock and roll" technique on the apple stamp):




 
Stamps: Perfectly Preserved
Card: Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery textured (retired), Very Vanilla
DSP: Always Artichoke Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery and Always Artichoke stampin' pads, Versamark inkpad
Other: Cannery Framelits die, Bitty Banners Framelits, Finishing Touches edgelits, sponge daubers, green brads (from retired SU! stash), Always Artichoke and Crumb Cake seam binding, mini glue dots, stampin' dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig
 

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love these colours together Christine & you have hit the nail on the head with the colours & layout of your card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, what a great card Christine you have done it so well!! I adore certainly celery so there you are! it goes so well with the bashful blue as it was and have both of them and use them together = great with brayer - I want to say thank for popping over to my blog and comment - and followed you around on your comments for Just Add Ink.
    You are very encouraging and that is really great - and have now put the blinkie on my sidebar too as was very late last night when finished the post sorry! off to peek down below, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your apples are fabulous, love the layered ribbon! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you rocked and rolled your apples Christine and made one stand out from the rest. The ribbon is a pretty finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I eat Granny Smith's, it still never occurs to me create a card with green apples instead of red. I love how it looks! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely card. ;-) I love the apples with their fun pattern and color, and they are perfect with the polka dots and that fantastic ribbon at the top! Love it. Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your use of colours here. The layout is gorgeous - perfect for the eye catching apples you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous use of the greens, Christine! Thank you, your card brings back wonderful memories of my Nanna baking in her kitchen. ♥ Love that double bow too. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete