Sunday, May 6, 2012

FESTIVE FRIDAY CHALLENGE #17

I have been inspired by Nicole Derendorf's Festive Friday Challenge, to make a start on Christmas cards.  I have made ONE already (so proud of myself!) for a recent Just Add Ink challenge, but I need to now keep the ball rolling!

This week's challenge is to use the following sketch to create a Christmas card inspired by one of the Design Team samples:







I loved the way Carolyn used the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder, and Riding Hood Red pleated satin ribbon, so I've incorporated those two elements on my card.





Stamps: Welcome Christmas, Season of Joy, Delightful Decorations
Card: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
DSP: Letters to Santa Designer Series Paper
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive and Early Espresso stampin' pads
Other: 2 1/2" Circle punch, 1 1/4" Circle punch, 3/4" Circle punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch, Riding Hood Red pleated satin ribbon, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, Basic Rhinestones, stampin' dimensionals, sponge dauber, Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder








ETA:  I was named as winner of this challenge - thanks, Nicole!



11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Christine, I love the traditional colours and that sketch is just awesome.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks for playing! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. Love the stamping directly onto the dsp. I don't know whether to feel inspired or panicky when I see that you have already started to make Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, there is so much detail on this card, I keep noticing more and more. Love the twine, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card as always, I cant keep up with all your talent

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely start to your Christmas card collection. I think we should set ourselves a goal of making 2 Christmas cards a week from now until christmas. It might make November a little less stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just my fave Christmas colours, l love it Christine and well done on starting your Christmas cards so early.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Christine! I love your layers and those twine bows are too cute! Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that wreath on top of the embossed circles, Christine. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous design Christine. Love all your special little details, including those petite bows & the overstamped & blinged DSP. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. I love the way you have stamped on the DSP.

    ReplyDelete