Friday, March 23, 2012

JUST ADD INK #110 - SKETCH CHALLENGE

This week at Just Add Ink, Mae has come up with a GREAT challenge.  I say great, because it really took me out of my comfort zone - frustrating at first, but that's the whole idea of a 'challenge', isn't it?  I do favour colour challenges over sketches, but I'm trying to open my mind!

After discarding the first two cards I came up with, I ran with a completely new idea, and am really pleased with the outcome.  So, thanks Mae, for challenging me!  Here's the sketch (sorry - couldn't get the outer border to show):







..... and my card:




Stamps: Morning Cup, Tagtastic, Friendly Words jumbo wheel
Card: Crumb Cake, Elegant Eggplant, Watercolour Paper
DSP: Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper, Perfect Plum Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On inkpad, Crumb Cake stampin' pad, Elegant Eggplant stampin' pad and marker, Perfect Plum stampin' pad and marker, Always Artichoke stampin' pad and marker
Other: XL Oval punch, 1" Square punch, Postage Stamp punch, Always Artichoke seam binding, Scallop Edge border punch, sponge daubers, aquapainter


You must head on over to Just Add Ink to check out the AMAZING samples made by the Design Team - you'll be inspired to play along, I promise you!

15 comments:

  1. Another WOW, I love purple cards even more :)Marls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, I love the sentiment stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to be challenged - makes you think outside of the box sometimes!!!

    You've done a fab job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic take on the sketch, CHristine! I love the colours you have used and your seam binding bow is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine you did so well I love your take on the sketch (but having chucked my first effort I understand your struggles too!). I love the vintagey feel you created and the purple pops of colour :)
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine ~ I just love this card ~ my girlfriend is a tea lover and I think I just need to create this beautiful card for her ~ I hope you're okay with me CASEing this ~ thanks so much for sharing and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute card, Christine. Love the colour colour combo and all the details. That sentiment is perfect for the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is beautifully coloured Christine and I love your use of the wheel for the background too. Your gorgeous bow adds the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine you've created a really gorgeous card. I love your tea-pots, teabag and cups - everything just works! I love this colour combo together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine I am glad you found this sketch challenging because what you have created is beautiful and it is always good to push ourselve at times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, I am not much of a purple girl but you have made it look fantastic.
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've done a great job on this sketch Christine. I'm so glad that this was my week 'off'. I still have no idea of what I would have done for this one

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your little squares down the side - how cute is that tea bag stamp. What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is my favourite stamp set and just love your choice of colours and that layout. That roller looks great in the background (must remember to pull mine out more...)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Christine, so glad Mae did put you out of your comfort zone. This card is totally gorgeous! Love your choice of everything!!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete