Wednesday, September 7, 2011

SC 006/11 : STAMPIN' AROUND WHEELS

This week at Sunny Challenges & Creations, the challenge is to use Stampin' Up! wheels on a project that is based around this sketch:



When I checked out my collection of Stampin' Around wheels, I was surprised to find how few I have left, after the retirement of so many with the introduction of our new catalogue.

I settled on using the gorgeous Very Vintage jumbo Stampin' Around wheel, inked in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla card.  Using a blender pen and Calypso Coral inkpad, I coloured the flower and butterfly.  Deciding it looked a bit stark, I then sponged Crumb Cake ink all over the main panel.  I added flecks of Chocolate Chip and Calypso Coral ink, using my Color Spritzer tool, and finished it by sponging the edges in Chocolate Chip ink.

I've had to move around a couple of elements on the sketch; due to the placement of the butterfly image, I couldn't place my sentiment in that spot.

Here's the finished product:


Stamps: Very Vintage jumbo wheel, Just Believe
Card: Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral
Ink: Chocolate Chip stampin' pad and marker, Calypso Coral stampin' pad and marker, Crumb Cake stampin' pad
Other: Chocolate Chip Scallop Dots ribbon, Eyelet Border punch, Lots of Tags sizzlits die, sponge daubers, Basic Pearls, blender pen, Color Spritzer tool, mini glue dots, paper snips (to distress the cardstock edge)

12 comments:

  1. Just beautiful , plus that is my fav wheel!
    Love Lee xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours Christine & using my favourite wheel. I too am like you, very surprised at how many wheels I don't have. Thanks for playing with us at Sunny Challenges & Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...I love that wheel too. Hmmm...note to self to use it again soon! The colours you have used are beautiful together and that ribbon is delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a beautiful interpretation of the sketch! I've not seen that wheel before--it's lovely. So cool how you added the butterfly and flower details--they complement the design perfectly. Love those colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine this is gorgeous. Love your colours and the colouring of the flower and butterfly. You've used the elements of the wheel so well. Thanks for playing along at Sunny Challenges and Blogspot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Christine, that is my fav wheel of all time!
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that wheel Christine. It has lovely elements in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous colour combo, not to mention another stunner card...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christin, what a stunning creation! I love the colour combo and of course the wheel which is just about my favourite! Thank you so much for sharing with us and for taking part in the challenge this week at Sunny Challenges and Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how lovely are your cards! thank you for your heartfelt comment on my birthday post. it's so lovely to know there are such kind people out there. have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - this is wonderful! I don't have that wheel but it's on my list now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Christine. The spot colouring of the bloom & butterfly, with their pearl centres, looks fabulous! Gorgeous card. :)

    ReplyDelete