Monday, July 25, 2011

JUST ADD INK #77

I am feeling much happier now that I'm getting back into my normal routines, post-holiday.  I've made a card for this week's sketch challenge at Just Add Ink.   Woohoo!  I've really missed playing along at JAI.   Here's the sketch to use as a starting point:





Being the rather 'literal' girl I am, I was inspired by the flower in the bottom corner.  On my card, I've replaced one of the squares with a dramatic, shimmery, flower.  Here's what I came up with:



Stamps: Very Vintage jumbo Stampin' Around wheel, Because I Care, Always Elegant, Love & Care (sentiment)
Card: Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo and Basic Black stampin' pads, Basic Black marker
Other: Two-Step Owl punch (tiny heart), Basic Rhinestone, Basic Black satin ribbon, 1 1/4" square punch, 1 3/8" square punch, Scallop Squares Duo Bigz Die, sponge dauber, 1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, Fancy Flower punch, 5-Petal Flower punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Champagne Mist shimmer paint (mixed with rubbing alcohol to make a shimmer spray), Metallic brad, mini glue dots, Sticky Strip

11 comments:

  1. Very literal thinking of you! lol
    Beautiful card.
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! That flower is divine! So good to see you're getting back into routine.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flower that is just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful & elegant take on a tricky sketch Christine. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink and black look really good together and I love the flower and ribbon. A really nice card for a difficult layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gorgeous flower and Melon Mambo and Black are an awesome colour combo. Glad to have you back in the groove!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Christine :) Love the colours, how bright the Mambo is against the black. And how stunning is that wonderful shimmery flower! Glad to have you back playing!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh-La-La! very nice! Melon and Black look awesome together, and your shimmery flower is a stunner. Great to have you back playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Christine. Love all the details on your card and the fab flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Christine, and I just love the colour combo. The flower is gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful, beautiful, and did I mention BEAUTIFUL?!! Love the colours and that flower Christine ♥

    ReplyDelete