Monday, May 30, 2011

COLOR ROUND UP COLOR CHALLENGE #34

This weekend Ethan, my youngest, is going to the 11th birthday party of one of his friends.  Of course,  a card is needed .... although Ethan's a pretty great cardmaker himself, he'd much rather spend his time watching WWE on tv (heaven help us), or playing PS3 with his brother (in those moments when they decide they really do love one another).

The colour combination put forward by Holly at Rubber Redneck this week is, I think, perfect for a boy's card.




I got out my Extreme Elements stamp set (I haven't used that for a while, have I?  Been getting too busy with butterflies on my cards, I think!).  It's THE best set for a masculine card.  I've also made use of my fabulous new Stampin' Up! crimper (that thing is seriously heavy-duty - love it!), and trusty Square Lattice embossing folder, to add a bit of texture.  The lightly distressed edges on the cardstock mats were achieved by running my fingernail along the edges.

Here's the birthday boy's card:


Stamps: Extreme Elements, Wonderfully Worn, Bring on the Cake
Card: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Marina Mist and Cherry Cobbler stampin' pads, Whisper White craft stampin' pad
Other: Sponge daubers, Star punch, Small star punch (retired), Neutrals brad, Crimper, Square Lattice embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. I love your card! I love how your crimped the birthday part what a great idea!!! Thanks for playing along in the color round up color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this Christine! The EE set makes for a great male card & the crimped sentiment panel is a nice touch. Great graduation of shades of the Marina Mist - the white stamped wing image is a great idea too. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete