Saturday, March 19, 2011

OUR FRESHLY-PAINTED HOUSE

We are very excited, after 10 years in our house, to have finally had it re-painted; it was well overdue.  Our house used to be a cream colour, with dark green trim, but it looks much nicer now ..... a mossy, lighter green on the exterior of the house, and all the handrails, window frames, and other external trims are off-white.

Firstly, I'll show you a shot taken down one side of the house, before it was re-painted. I took this in a bit of a panic, realising I hadn't photographed the house before the original paint was covered up - hence the table hadn't been moved:



........ and take a look at how nice it looks now:



MUCH better, don't you think?  I just love it, and Ethan thinks it looks "like a cottage" now.

Please overlook the state of the garden (the next project to be tackled!) in these photos.  Here is the street view of the front of the house:


...... and a closer look at the front:




For the last few years, I have HATED our carport.  It was never properly painted when our house was built, and the timber was very weathered and ugly.  I now get a lot of pleasure from the sight that greets me as I come up the driveway:




Finally, this is the view from the back yard (that's my craft room on the right-hand side of the rear of the house!):




13 comments:

  1. Oh Christine it is just beautiful!! I love that green, what a great choice of colours.

    You must be so happy with the way it's turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous job your contractor has done, you must give me his name. Great colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - being that high up do you have great views? So pleased you are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous green grass! Typical I would notice that first lol. Love all your pics, the new paint job looks terrific. You must be thrilled.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Glad I saw the 'before' version. No surprise you chose green :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a difference! These colours are so fresh & inviting Christine - the whole house looks fantastic & now you won't have to stress about the carport anymore! Go Kevin!!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this looks BEAUTIFUL Christine! I just love that green and it looks very similar to the green I have on a feature wall in our house! I would be so chuffed if that were my house looking all schmico!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Christine, what a difference a lick of paint makes! It looks gorgeous, perfect colour choice too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks lovely! You must have a big smile on your face whenever you drive up. Great colour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours you have painted. A new coat of paint really can make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house looks wonderful in its new colours, must get cracking with the paint job on our house now

    ReplyDelete
  12. How good is it when you finally do something you have wanted to do for ages and love it, once its done.
    Love the colours and you dont want to swap verandahs by any chance? mines actually only a porch..:0(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks fantastic, it must feel like you have moved into a new house.

    ReplyDelete